• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worst date window? The Patek Aquanaut 5060A would like a word.
What’s not to love about that date window. I think 5065 is similar and in my opinion is the best watch. The pushed in 3 adds to the charm of a quirky Patek sports watch that was really the first in house one. Nautilus case derivative, grenade dial, rubber strap, bumped in 3 marker, wonky hour and minute markers. It all came together beautifully.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right.

Screenshot_20230607_110133_Chrono24.jpg

Wrong.

Screenshot_20230607_110804_Chrono24.jpg

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The top looks far worse, with the date window not only failing to match the size nor font of any of the other numerals, but being even more misaligned with said numerals than the date window in the bottom example.
I would never trust a person that is not bothered when looking at how date window is stuffed in between the 3 and the edge of the dial. It looks like very rushed design element that was added after final design was made. I am getting nervous looking at that.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lang 1943 field watch just hit the site for those that were chatting about it last year.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

symphvaria

Reaction score
I would never trust a person that is not bothered when looking at how date window is stuffed in between the 3 and the edge of the dial. It looks like very rushed design element that was added after final design was made. I am getting nervous looking at that.
It looks like even more of an afterthought in the current version, where it’s completely out of place with every other design element on the dial. The original is certainly not ideal, but at least some effort (though clearly not enough) was put into having it sort-of follow the lume plots.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like even more of an afterthought in the current version, where it’s completely out of place with every other design element on the dial. The original is certainly not ideal, but at least some effort (though clearly not enough) was put into having it sort-of follow the lume plots.
Original looks like there was no effort. 5167 designers at least had the good sense to not have a not mash a date and a numeral in the same spot.

symphvaria

Reaction score
Original looks like there was no effort. 5167 designers at least had the good sense to not have a not mash a date and a numeral in the same spot.
They apparently didn’t have the sense to have the date window correspond accordingly to anything else on the dial. It just eats up a whole numeral and a lume plot with little to show for it, a legitimate hole in the dial.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
A question that divides opinion:
A luxury watch with a top notch quartz movement ? Thoughts…

IMG_5547.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads