• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ducatiti

Reaction score
After buying all these (near-identical) items in the span of a few weeks?

Sure thing buddy, sure thing.

Yes,buddy. I've completed my collection. After years of collecting, final pieces within the past few weeks acquired to include letting go some that don't get worn often.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20230527_122141.jpg

FlithyButler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes,buddy. I've completed my collection. After years of collecting, final pieces within the past few weeks acquired to include letting go some that don't get worn often.

You have convinced me.

I am absolutely positively certainly sure that nothing will catch your eye.

"El Presidente does make a very good point... I do need to pivot to some additional diversity in the line-up"

ducatiti

Reaction score
You have convinced me.

I am absolutely positively certainly sure that nothing will catch your eye.

"El Presidente does make a very good point... I do need to pivot to some additional diversity in the line-up"
Yeah buddy. I'm so glad although that I wasn't a goal of mine. Cheers.

We will eventually get contented of what we have, some sooner than others.

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might be in minority but I really do not understand the appeal of two tone watches.

i agreed with you and then was given a black/gold two-tone Rolex GMT and i think it's ******* awesome on my wrist

FlithyButler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah buddy. I'm so glad although that I wasn't a goal of mine. Cheers.

We will eventually get contented of what we have, some sooner than others.

How much of a factor in your collecting do the watches play in functioning as a financial investment for you?

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally, I am with you. The Bluesy, however, is kind of an exception.
The Bluesy is better than black, but still a no for me. In general grey(silver) and gold together don't work for me. Talking aesthetic is subjective, so I understand people will like different things. But two tone watches give me weird vibes, like somebody is trying to stunt but can not afford full gold watch. I know it is not that with many people, but still looks like it. It is tacky and tasteless imo. I say go big or go home. So full gold or no gold at all.

i agreed with you and then was given a black/gold two-tone Rolex GMT and i think it's ******* awesome on my wrist
Black and gold and silver(steel) together just don't work for me. Older GMT with black bezel even had green 24 hour had which even adds up to how bad the color combo is and new one has half the bezel in the ugliest shade of grey that was ever put on a Rolex watch.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of those (sailcloth?) straps, but that's my favourite Seiko - maybe one of my favourite watches overall: Great version of the 62MAS, nicely brushed Ever Brilliant Steel case (unlike some other 62MAS luxury re-issues), just enough pop of colour from the dial and seconds hand, and just a touch of zaratsu polishing on the rehaut (IIRC). Only potential problems seem to be the unregulated movement (an embarrassment at this price) and maybe the case thickness. Did he get lucky with the accuracy? And do you feel the thickness is fine?
For him it’s one of many watches so he’s resetting the time every time he wears it so the accuracy is inconsequential.
Thickness is fine. I mean a Planet Ocean is thinner lol but the style of the watch makes it fine.
What don’t you like about the “sailcloth” Artem straps?

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
two-tone sports models with black bezels and/or black (dark) dials work pretty well.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For him it’s one of many watches so he’s resetting the time every time he wears it so the accuracy is inconsequential.
Thickness is fine. I mean a Planet Ocean is thinner lol but the style of the watch makes it fine.
What don’t you like about the “sailcloth” Artem straps?
I can see how that makes accuracy less of an issue, but I still hoped Seiko would have taken more pride in the whole timekeeping aspect of this timepiece. As I understand it, this has a Grand Seiko level movement, but since it isn't an actual GS they don't want to regulate it, offering it with a +15 to -10 seconds per day accuracy - at a price of $5000.

As for the sailcloth strap I'm not really sure what role it's supposed to fit: it's not as casual or rugged as a nylon Nato or Tropical rubber, nor as dressy as a leather strap. But mostly I just don't care for the aesthetics and looks of it (but I feel that way about a lot of other straps too: denim and other alternative materials, the leather straps with the dual dental floss looking stitching near the case, etc - of course, in the end it's just a matter of highly subjective taste).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads