• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, the transition has been a long time coming - however, this year's W&Ws has confirmed that the Patek of now has abandoned the Patek of old. I do not think we are going back any time soon.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the green dial?

View attachment 1929701
I am generally not a big fan of green dials (Aquanaut, Nautilus, Panerai, Reverso, etc). It really requires just the right color and some depth in order to work. However, I really like this one a lot. It's one of the few green dial watches that I could say if I didn't have it's blue dialed sibling, I would seriously consider it.

In general the Santos watches are a great value, tremendously versatile, and the case and bracelet are very nicely finished. The ability quickly to change between the metal bracelet and a strap is fantastic. It's water resistant to 100m and its more antimagnetic than the now discontinued Rolex Milgauss. It's also not in a price range that makes people feel it's too precious to use as a daily wearer. So in short, I'm a big advocate of the Santos.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, the transition has been a long time coming - however, this year's W&Ws has confirmed that the Patek of now has abandoned the Patek of old. I do not think we are going back any time soon.
Been sayin…

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
52781790387_db2f88d59a_b.jpg

52782578384_5af89b3473_b.jpg

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally. The death knell was the transition from the 5711 to 5811. The framed date window was too much, but then they had to go ahead and make it in paper. WTF!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting…

Why do I feel like I will be disappointed?

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting…

Why do I feel like I will be disappointed?

They should create a "modern" line for basic and travel time watches and stick things like the 5226, 6007, 5224, maybe the pilot watches, etc.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone on rolexforum said "The Calaquatilus is coming!"

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should create a "modern" line for basic and travel time watches and stick things like the 5226, 6007, 5224, maybe the pilot watches, etc.

Yeah, I think the Calatrava should be its own thing (kind of like JLC Master Control line). Everything seems to be a Calatrava now-a-days.

Someone on rolexforum said "The Calaquatilus is coming!"

I think we are going to see a sports watch. And I truly have zero clue what it will look like.

I was thinking the other day about the new 6007G, which I think it awful. To me, the 6007G is perhaps an attempt to compete with something like the Code 11.59, which I would take over a 6007G any day of the week. I think we are going to see something that competes with the Code 11.59, if I could hazard a guess.

B9094B96-70C6-4C37-93A2-022592FFE449.jpeg

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the Calatrava should be its own thing (kind of like JLC Master Control line). Everything seems to be a Calatrava now-a-days.

I think we are going to see a sports watch. And I truly have zero clue what it will look like.

I was thinking the other day about the new 6007G, which I think it awful. To me, the 6007G is perhaps an attempt to compete with something like the Code 11.59, which I would take over a 6007G any day of the week. I think we are going to see something that competes with the Code 11.59, if I could hazard a guess.

View attachment 1930113

Also, why the hell wouldnt they do this at W&W?!! Isn't that exactly the type of thing the expo is for? Good or bad, it would have certainly dominated the convo...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, why the hell wouldnt they do this at W&W?!! Isn't that exactly the type of thing the expo is for? Good or bad, it would have certainly dominated the convo...
Don’t want to compete with Rolex and their “new” 1908 line or updated Daytona.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Patek will probably do it in the August/September/October release. I think it makes more sense to release your big watch outside of W&W now-a-days.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Patek diver? That would shake up the market.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics