• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm TAG Tourbillon... https://timeandtidewatches.com/tag-heuer-carrera-chronograph-tourbillon-glassbox/

tag_heuer_carrera_chronograph_tourbillon.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yachtmaster is a bit big and more than little gaudy but I suppose that's the point.

TAFJIR

Reaction score
Alright, shooting my shot for best in show - 36.5mm, steel, salmon.

View attachment 1927229

This is exactly what I have been waiting for ever since I missed the Chopard x Revolution limited edition 1860 released back in 2018. This is essentially identical but in stainless and without the date window, however Iโ€™m baffled at how they priced it. At $23K itโ€™s $3K more than that one but not gold and no date window. How does that make sense?

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only release thatโ€™s really grabbed me has been the BB 54. Itโ€™ll be interesting to see what it looks like in person.
Same here - looks really appealing, especially for smaller wrists, although I wish they didn't go for a gilt dial again.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what I have been waiting for ever since I missed the Chopard x Revolution limited edition 1860 released back in 2018. This is essentially identical but in stainless and without the date window, however Iโ€™m baffled at how they priced it. At $23K itโ€™s $3K more than that one but not gold and no date window. How does that make sense?

Salmon tax.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least those have about the same amount of material removed in a somewhat symmetrical way. The 11 and 1 are so blatantly asymmetrical with no attempt made to hide it that itโ€™s almost admirable how ballsy it is.

This is totally ridiculous: ever noticed that 11 has two digits, unlike 1, 5 and 7?

The watch is a disgrace nonetheless.

Last edited:

symphvaria

Reaction score
This is totally ridiculous: never noticed that 11 has two digits, unlike 1, 5 and 7?

The watch is a disgrace nonetheless.
Having two or one digits doesnโ€™t really change the fact that there is some pretty hideous asymmetry on the dial that they apparently didnโ€™t care at all about trying to remedy. As if altering the placement or size of the numerals would have turned 11 into a single digit number or vice versa.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is such an odd watch. 42 mm too big IMO. But I think the 24 should be on top? Like itโ€™s showing 1:08 pm with main hand and 4:08 a.m. with other hand. Why did they put the 12 on top? My brain is offended.

View attachment 1927585

At least the band is selvedge!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The โ€œMilhouseโ€ would have sold like crazy if R had ditched the lightning bolt at some point. Oh wellโ€ฆ

Possible. That seconds hand is an eyesore. Beside that not the worst looking Rolex.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is such an odd watch. 42 mm too big IMO. But I think the 24 should be on top? Like itโ€™s showing 1:08 pm with main hand and 4:08 a.m. with other hand. Why did they put the 12 on top? My brain is offended.

View attachment 1927585

Really, that says 1:08? Why make the main function of a watch, to tell time, be so difficult to read? Iโ€™m getting too old for this world

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patek really out did itself this year. ๐Ÿฅธ
Cartier Tank Normale probably needs to be seen in person.
Other than the Journe, not much of further interest. Though, VCA Cheval is quite nice.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really, that says 1:08? Why make the main function of a watch, to tell time, be so difficult to read? Iโ€™m getting too old for this world

It clearly says 4:81.....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads