• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone remembers the referenced model, but the case seems nearly identical (which I hope is true).

I must admit, I like the dial of the old one (min markers before the applied indices, the lack of date window dressing) but the hands are better on the new one.

1921363.png.transform.buying-options_watch_1000.jpeg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone remembers the referenced model, but the case seems nearly identical (which I hope is true).

I must admit, I like the dial of the old one (min markers before the applied indices, the lack of date window dressing) but the hands are better on the new one.

View attachment 1926919

I don't dislike the new one, but prefer this one too. Not a fan of that structured dial.

acconrad

Reaction score
Not a fan of tourbillions but I love the round cased one here. This was made under the brand that Roth started after selling Daniel Roth to Bulgari and it’s essentially a friends and family operation as they only make a handful of watches a year.

View attachment 1923971

these are incredible. i don't even want to know how many mortgages these are worth

montecristo#2

Reaction score
If only Ginza was classy enough to be graced with a Waffle House. There is a Hooters, so maybe that is a small consolation for the Americans on here. 1995? It must have been like an apocalypse shopping there back then.

Japanese girls not known for hooters.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dig the new yachty. Depends if it is on the 40 or 42 platform though.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Nice Biver!"

"Thanks, I just had it stuffed."

Biver-Carillon-Tourbillon-watch-13.jpg

Joke all you like, I will eat your soul. Love, JCB.

Biver-Carillon-Tourbillon-watch-2.jpg

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A 40mm Explorer might be good. I’m pretty meh on them overall. They’re like Ferrari, too arrogant for their own good. I’m not here to play games, buy crappy models for a chance to get a desired one, and justify my status as a purchaser other than having the cash. It devalues the brand’s heritage. Grand Seiko is a better watch in every way except status symbol, for half the price.

I went into VC the other day and put my name on the list for an Overseas and Overseas Chrono. I was given a 3-6 months wait on either (didn’t request blue).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics