• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this is why I’m still trying to fill my four slot. This tweed jacket with oxford shirt combination would look much better with a watch that has a leather strap rather than one with a metal bracelet. I realize that this look is fine and if someone were not looking for this many watchs, the oyster with a tweed would work. I just think that a watch that looks good with a leather strap would be a better option here.
View attachment 1866123
How about a 1601 on a textured dark brown or burgundy leather and no rubber companion?

xizenta

Reaction score
I wish there was some way to sort the posts in this thread by upvotes to find some inspo.
Looking for a dress watch with a full yellow gold case and bracelet. Something in the 6-15k range.

Currently have an Omega Speedmaster (brown leather) and an Omega Seamaster DeVille.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish there was some way to sort the posts in this thread by upvotes to find some inspo.
Looking for a dress watch with a full yellow gold case and bracelet. Something in the 6-15k range.

Currently have an Omega Speedmaster (brown leather) and an Omega Seamaster DeVille.
Pre-owned OK? Rolex Day-Date Oysterquartz. Such a cool watch.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay so some deals fell through, but if this group had the opportunity to get a brand-new NTTD Seamaster in the 6-6500 range or a 20+ year old Explorer II polar in the 7500 range, what would you all do? Have a Speedmaster Hesalite, a GO Senator, a SMP 300 grey/blue, and an Alpinist. Looking for another sports watch and I would prefer to have a GMT function as the next watch. The pitch for the NTTD is that it is being discontinued (as I have heard from 2 different ADs) and I like the Bond reference, which I know others don't. Pitch for Explorer II is it is a GMT and would be my first Rolex.

Third option is to hold put and see if the market crashes more in the spring.
Market will def crash more...

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday.

52554114920_a495c11bbe_b.jpg

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Full gold dress watch for that price....hmmm, probably a vintage Rolex Daydate from the 70s-80s (1803-18038)? Or perhaps a vintage Cartier Santos from the same period...?

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love you man but that strap is borderline "jeans with a suit jacket."

I know it's a weird choice but I kind of like it.

I was wearing it like this the other day...

52547523330_f5bfabe4ec_b.jpg

But no worries, I am planning to order something more suitable :)

Last edited:

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this is why I’m still trying to fill my four slot. This tweed jacket with oxford shirt combination would look much better with a watch that has a leather strap rather than one with a metal bracelet. I realize that this look is fine and if someone were not looking for this many watchs, the oyster with a tweed would work. I just think that a watch that looks good with a leather strap would be a better option here.
View attachment 1866123
I hate everything in this picture.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's a weird choice but I kind of like it.

I was wearing it like this the other day...

52547523330_f5bfabe4ec_b.jpg

But no worries, I am planning to order something more suitable :)
Double denim goes with anything.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate everything in this picture.
You should be in a better mood as your national team recovered from a monumental (get it, Monumental) choke.

I hope that once you get your club allegiance straightened out, the other elements in your life will fall into place.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should be in a better mood as your national team recovered from a monumental (get it, Monumental) choke.

I hope that once you get your club allegiance straightened out, the other elements in your life will fall into place.
I’ve been drinking ecstatically since 4:30, baby. Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics