• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage platinum Cintree with original platinum bracelet was pretty ******* interesting.

White gold Pebble with grey dial was pretty ******* interesting.

Triple calendar and moon phase Rolex in an Oyster case was pretty ******* interesting.

Vintage military-issue Panerai with tropical dial was pretty ******* interesting.

Trio of grand complication pocket watches from AP, Cartier, and Patek were pretty ******* interesting, particularly the Cartier which was made in the 30’s but had a crystal display back and skeletonized dial / movement.

I mean, I dunno, seemed pretty ******* interesting to me.
Pardonnez-nous, Seigneur, dans nos prisons captives
De songer avant tout aux vieux trésors humains,
Et de nous retourner toujours vers l’autre rive
Et d’appeler hier plus encore que demain.

(Brasillach)

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the coolest Panerai in current production?
View attachment 1865361

My favourite, now discontinued, is this Radiomir 1940 42 mm.

PAM0512_06.jpg

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really do withhold too many opinions. Will continue, carry on.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I really do withhold too many opinions. Will continue, carry on.
Your tank asymmetric sold for 68 crores thou only, wink wink

cho cartier.jpg

there was quite a rush at the end, as we had foreseen

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that very Panerai on the wishlist. 8 days. no seconds hand. classic sandwich dial and design.
though, and this reveals my basic nature, i also kinda love their due moon phase …

I think that a typical Panerai is a beautiful, solid tool watch, a moon phase upsets its nature and appears totally out of place to me.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that a typical Panerai is a beautiful, solid tool watch, a moon phase upsets its nature and appears totally out of place to me.
100% agree.
and 100% still love it LOL.

But yeah the classic is great. met up with a buddy for coffee a while back and was surprised his 44mm Panerai fit just great.

IMG_0415-3.jpg

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I went to the local high end AD of many brands looking to see the Pelagos 39 and Longines Zulu time. They did not have the Pelagos 39, but did have the Zulu. Also tried on a few other pieces that were cool (e.g. Reverso duo).

The Zulu time is probably too big. I don't think it wears too big on my wrist, but for a 42, it wears large because the bezel is fairly narrow. I think if it were 40mm even, it'd be just about perfect.

IMG_6698.jpeg
IMG_6727.jpeg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I went to the local high end AD of many brands looking to see the Pelagos 39 and Longines Zulu time. They did not have the Pelagos 39, but did have the Zulu. Also tried on a few other pieces that were cool (e.g. Reverso duo).

The Zulu time is probably too big. I don't think it wears too big on my wrist, but for a 42, it wears large because the bezel is fairly narrow. I think if it were 40mm even, it'd be just about perfect.

View attachment 1865480 View attachment 1865482

It looks nice and proportioned to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads