• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To double00’s broader, albeit unintended point - Cho has some seriously ugly **** up in that collection…I mean, among any 66-watch collection there will be hits and misses, but damn - maybe I’m the only one seeing a bunch of misses?
I looked at the catalogue last night, nothing of any real interest to me - and only 64 are catalogued, perhaps he err’d

Edit: rather I err’d, forgot the 3 Seikos grouped together

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To double00’s broader, albeit unintended point - Cho has some seriously ugly **** up in that collection…I mean, among any 66-watch collection there will be hits and misses, but damn - maybe I’m the only one seeing a bunch of misses?
No you're not the only one. Lots of **** in that collection I wouldn't bid on. All the dress watches on that are just too small for me. Only thing I really like are the Speedmasters (obviously being an Omega fanboy), the Cartier Tank Asymetrique, Rolex Sub, and the Laine.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@double00 I just got off an emergency group chat with Xenakis, Beckett, Mies van der Rohe, and Buckminster Fuller. They all agree you should buy the Chanel watch. They say it “suits you”….
Don't forget that if you win a bid, you'll get a free Armoury by Ascot Chang jacket of your choice.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teba or safari! you get a ******* teba or safari jacket! You can’t make this **** up!
Ngl, the safari 2 is actually pretty nice. I have 2 in linen. I also have a few other jackets from the Armoury; a couple of 3PB's and a road jacket.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
unsurprisingly wrong again . the collection is not great imho but i like the chanel .

( the only bid that matters btw chief is the second-to-last )
The Chanel is a cool piece. I’d happily wear it. I would choose the VC&A dual time over it though.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ngl, the safari 2 is actually pretty nice. I have 2 in linen. I also have a few other jackets from the Armoury; a couple of 3PB's and a road jacket.
Bruh…no hate, but no safari jackets for moi…in fact, the armoury only has one meaningful product in my opinion: the model 3. That’s their [main] thing.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got something new today.

52535953632_4cb164fb8e_c.jpg

52535952102_58f68b65c9_c.jpg

Don't like the leather band, this thing is pretty stiff. Probably will look towards those Delugs or something.

52537263194_a7f1e0a1ba_c.jpg

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got something new today.

52535953632_4cb164fb8e_c.jpg

52535952102_58f68b65c9_c.jpg

Don't like the leather band, this thing is pretty stiff. Probably will look towards those Delugs or something.

52537263194_a7f1e0a1ba_c.jpg
Good choice! How about a bespoke unlined black or dark brown calf with very precise same-tone saddle stitching?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonderful photos, somehow the Cartier pairs perfectly with a red. Looks excellent on your wrist, and gorgeous boxing to boot.

I'm a little out of the loop, how is Cartier with movements these days? I sort of recall they have a quartz line, too, is that still a thing? I feel as though people want precision movement on their wrist or precision smart watch, but perhaps there's still a fuzzy middle ground.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonderful photos, somehow the Cartier pairs perfectly with a red. Looks excellent on your wrist, and gorgeous boxing to boot.

I'm a little out of the loop, how is Cartier with movements these days? I sort of recall they have a quartz line, too, is that still a thing? I feel as though people want precision movement on their wrist or precision smart watch, but perhaps there's still a fuzzy middle ground.

I certainly want a precision movement, but I'm willing to give up on some accuracy for having a mechanical work. A quartz watch has no place in my collection.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have three of their safaris and they are nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 69 36.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 72 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 19 9.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 33 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads