• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Rolex getting more money or just the AD?
That's a good point. I'm guessing they (much like the NCAA, FIFA, and IOC) will ensure that money gets kicked up...)

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just think this ends the ability to get one at msrp entirely. Why wouldn’t the AD sell to a cut out and buy it back a week/month later and sell it at market price?
Needs to be at least 3 years old. We have the same here with social housing, you have to wait 5 years before you can sell it on the open market having received it at a 40% discount courtesy of your fellow taxpayers. Real estate still through the roof.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call me AP trash, don't care, I dig the new star wheel. Seconds hand sucks, but best Code 11.59 to date. And I could live with the crappy seconds hand pointing to nothing.

View attachment 1862822

I'm not a fan of the Code, but I agree this is the best version to date! Although, I really don't care for the seconds hand on a watch like this. They've never put one on previous Star Wheel models, so I'm sure why they added it to this version.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was quite the fan of the Schaeffer star wheel/repeater, this is just an abomination.

I always disliked their Millenary models, but somehow the Star Wheel design just worked well with the Millenary case. A friend of mine had one in rose gold and it was a real beauty!

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New shirt day.

_DSC6604.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've often wondered why Glashutte Original and Lange both insist on such large date displays? I like the date function but only look at it once (or sometimes not at all) during the day. Nothing really wrong with dates that big but they are a bit distracting.

Just me?

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've often wondered why Glashutte Original and Lange both insist on such large date displays? I like the date function but only look at it once (or sometimes not at all) during the day. Nothing really wrong with dates that big but they are a bit distracting.

Just me?

I'm getting old like everybody else and the big date is very legible. You only need to glance at it.

It's pretty hard to go back to tiny date windows after getting a GO/ALS. For me it's either no date, no cyclops or big date.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just me?

Legibility? I like the large dates both pratically and as a matter of the design (which is why I also like Rolex: see cyclops)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Legibility? I like the large dates both pratically and as a matter of the design (which is why I also like Rolex: see cyclops)
It's complication I like on my watches but the one I use the least. I agree on the getting older/reading glasses thing, though.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's complication I like on my watches but the one I use the least. I agree on the getting older/reading glasses thing, though.

I don't mind the big date on a Lange since they were the first to use it on their watches (although developed by JLC for them). Personally, I just got sick of the big date after it started showing up on dozens of other watches Breguet, Omega, Breitling, etc. Even VC threw them on on their 1st and 2nd generation Overseas chronos, and I felt it really detracted from those pieces.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just me?
You were just defending the cyclops on a Rolex because you couldn't read the date and now you're complaining about ALS and GO's big date.

The German watch brands solved the small date problem without implementing an ugly ass cyclops and you're still complaining!!!!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

66 ******* watches!!! That's a shitload of money tied up into watches and it's not like he owns a bunch of cheap stuff either. A collection that big has to cost a **** ton to insure and I can't imagine storing all that in a deposit box.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

66 ******* watches!!! That's a shitload of money tied up into watches and it's not like he owns a bunch of cheap stuff either. A collection that big has to cost a **** ton to insure and I can't imagine storing all that in a deposit box.

Mark must be fucked right now. Why would anyone sell their entire collection near the bottom of the market? And why would you want to buy a store right now? The timing is just horrible on all fronts. Something seems off here...He literally turned the entire Hong Kong location into an "auction preview site" - business booming?

Last edited:

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My initial thought about Rolex CPO is that it's going to change the dynamics quite a bit for certain types of buyers/sellers. For example - do box and papers matter any more? I have an Explorer I bought with just a warranty card (no other B+P). That's harder to move in the secondary market but now I can probably easily "launder" it through a CPO AD. And I would imagine they will be able to sell it for the same price as one with full B+P from original purchase. So the value for my piece just went up.

Also for lazy sellers (also me), it should be much easier to just go into a CPO AD to unload pieces because those ADs will be able to sell at a relative premium to everyone else and will be able to pay more.

Overall it hurts a lot of people currently in the pre-owned Rolex market, but it will definitely help a few people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads