• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Didn't see this one at the Chopard booth at Mille Miglia this year... but honestly I did a lot of wrist check on the red carpet check-in day and I didn't see a single person at the event wearing their watches.

They're asking for silly money for modified ETA/Selita movements...

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't see this one at the Chopard booth at Mille Miglia this year... but honestly I did a lot of wrist check on the red carpet check-in day and I didn't see a single person at the event wearing their watches.

They're asking for silly money for modified ETA/Selita movements...
I think Chopard is an underrated brand, but this is spot on. They price their current offerings at Patek-like levels. Their older LUC watches are true gems. But most of the other stuff is too expensive even if very attractive.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does no one here like the pizza reviews??

I will admit to watching his pizza reviews and ordering pizza based on his recommendations while I travel. Portnoy seems to feel that New Haven style pizza is the best style and I agree so his recommendations have always been pretty good.

His watches are garbage but still several tiers above Richemont trash.

pmeis

Reaction score
Speaking of favorite watch releases of the year, I own my favorite:

I'd also nominate the Patek "Hamilton", the Santos Dumont with the black laquer finish and although I wouldn't have said it at the time of the release, the Black Bay Pro has turned out to be my favorite of the three main Tudor releases this year.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that Mark Cho had the FOIS changed into a Panda with swapped-out silvered baton hands all from the Mitsukoshi special edition:

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that Mark Cho had the FOIS changed into a Panda with swapped-out silvered baton hands all from the Mitsukoshi special edition:

Honestly, that’s close to perfect. I dislike the shorter hour markers, though. On the Japan 2020 LE the hour markers extend farther and it looks way better.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been going into the office more regularly. Has its benefits.
91DC1A9A-F889-4504-9D8A-AE073929A524.jpeg

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, that’s close to perfect. I dislike the shorter hour markers, though. On the Japan 2020 LE the hour markers extend farther and it looks way better.
Sharp observation, and I agree with you.
I also personally prefer the Professional case. I wear my brother's FOIS every time I visit and always come away feeling like it's too small. Might be due to the lug shape (and I'm a certified twisted/lyre lug fanboy). But I know a lotta ppl prefer that smaller feel.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is Cho maybe broke? why else is he selling his entire collection
looks like there is no money in menswear

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Automatic chronos are few and far between in this day and age

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Cho maybe broke? why else is he selling his entire collection
looks like there is no money in menswear

He's been pretty clear that he is selling part of his collection to fund buying a building for The Armoury in NYC. Purchasing a storefront in a premier area in NYC is likely in the $10M+ range...so makes sense to offload a bunch of watches that just sit in the safe to help defray the cost.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads