• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NY Boutique said delayed to 2023 due to problem(s) with bracelet/clasp...
Houston boutique said 2023 but said it was a dial issue.
Nashville boutique said the bracelet/clasp is the official line, but the manager said he personally believes it's a dial issue.

****-who-cares.gif

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 out of the 6 watches you listed are "pie in the sky" for me.

I can't think of 5 watches released this year for me. I'm thinking maybe
1. Omega Seamaster 300 Diver Pro James Bond 60th

2. Omega Aqua Terra 38mm (the new colors released)

3. Cartier Santos Dumont YG. The LE released this year.

I can't think of anything else for me and even then the 2 Omega's I listed aren't available until 2023.

By pie in the sky I mean more like the RRCCII or MB&F Evo Chrono. I would have to sell to get some of these things, but they aren’t COMPLETELY out of reach.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The AT issue is embarrassing. The way Tudor releases watches is the way that it should be done. I don’t know why you would not make things IMMEDIATELY available.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The AT issue is embarrassing. The way Tudor releases watches is the way that it should be done. I don’t know why you would not make things IMMEDIATELY available.
Omega has a history of ******* up watch releases. This isn't the first time they've been way off on their release dates.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tudor is only slightly better with regard to the Pelagos 39. I've been following the threads on WUS about the Pelagos 39 and the story from AD's has pretty consistently been they will get one or two allocations for 2022 and more in Spring/Summer 2023. I don't care about waiting (since I'm still undecided), but it's not exactly a model on how to release a new watch.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By pie in the sky I mean more like the RRCCII or MB&F Evo Chrono. I would have to sell to get some of these things, but they aren’t COMPLETELY out of reach.
What do you like about RR?

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Portnoy's watch costs $42 to make, sold for 2,400
Rolexes, per various estimates, cost hundred$ to make, sold for 10$ of thousands
the margin is about the same or is it markup, so what's the fuss all about

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Houston boutique said 2023 but said it was a dial issue.
Missouri boutique said 2023 but said it was a crown issue. But I personally believe that the watch does not exist and is a SF delusion.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Portnoy's watch costs $42 to make, sold for 2,400
Rolexes, per various estimates, cost hundred$ to make, sold for 10$ of thousands
the margin is about the same or is it markup, so what's the fuss all about

Not sure what Rolex’s mark up is, but a comparison between the two isn’t appropriate for a couple of reasons:

A) Rolex has over a century of reputation as a top tier watch maker, and it’s one of the top globally recognized luxury brands.
B) Rolex engineers and manufactures their own watches for scratch, it’s not simply outsourcing to a 3rd party manufacturer.
C) Rolex watch designs are iconic and essentially the archetype for a sports watch

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was wondering when we would get around to this. Portnoy is a ******* tool and I wouldn't piss in his mouth if his teeth were on fire. Oh and the watches suck too.
That's a charitable treatment of him. Unfortunate, as there were a couple of pieces of golf apparel that caught my eye recently, and then I realized they were Barstool branded. Ugh.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Missouri boutique said 2023 but said it was a crown issue. But I personally believe that the watch does not exist and is a SF delusion.

New York boutique said 2023 but it’s being released exclusively by barstool sports.

pmeis

Reaction score
I think those colorful ATs, to put it nicely, are really quite…um…bleh. The date window is a sin against nature.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads