• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do really dig that gray-navy NATO Omega has on that new Bond watch.
Can't find anybody else selling one in the same colors (not willing to pay $160 for the Omega one). Are there any NATO shops out there I'm not aware of that might have one?

The single pass NATO style straps from Crown & Buckle are a great value and made well. They also offer a standard NATO strap. You could likely find something similar in the sub $50 range.

I just ordered this to pair with the blue BB58. It was even on sale.

cb_chevron.jpg

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I finally picked up the watch that will fill in the three slot (watch on a steel bracelet to be worn with jeans or shorts). That just leaves the four slot open (watch on leather strap to be worn with odd jackets or woolen sweaters). Any upgrades to the six slot collection will be strictly one in - one out. No further accumulation. The only slots that I can conceive of upgrading are slot one (travel watch on NATO where security may be an issue) and slot six (watch on glossy alligator for formal, social occasions). I can’t really ever see myself “upgrading” any of the others but who knows what may catch my eye. View attachment 1861978

Congrats! Great replacement to the stolen Batman! :cheers:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems to be several out there.

thank you. hadn't come across these shops in my search!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s the original tweet they started the drama. :lurk:

Was wondering when we would get around to this. Portnoy is a ******* tool and I wouldn't piss in his mouth if his teeth were on fire. Oh and the watches suck too.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like Portnoy might have copy pasted from Omega’s website. :laugh:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inspired by a series of Fratello articles, I figured this may be a good discussion - what are your Top 5 watches of the year? Also, thinking less "pie in the sky" and more "I might very well buy this if I had the option to do so."

First, the Patek 5226. This will be the next watch to join the stable, at some point in 2023. I make fun of it, but it is incredibly special in the metal.

Patek-Philippe-Calatrava-5226G-review-5.jpg

Second and Third, in no particular order, the BB Pro and the Pelagos 39. I anticipate that I will add one of these at some point, and am leaning towards the BB Pro. Still not 100% decided, but it is a charming, quirky watch. The Pelagos 39 is an amazing, versatile watch - but I am not sure if it makes sense in my collection.

Tudor-Black-Bay-Pro-GMT-79470-review-2-2048x1362.jpg

Tudor-Pelagos-39-25407N-no-date-titanium-dive-watch-hands-on-5.jpg

Fourth, the Parmigiani GMT Rattrapante is just such a novel approach to a great complication. I doubt I will get it, don't really see the need to fill this slot in my collection, but I love the execution.

Parmigiani-Fleurier-Tonda-PF-GMT-Rattrapante-PFC905-1020001-100182.007.jpg

Fifth, the one that appeals to my lizard brain - the 5712R. If I had a chance to buy it - and that is highly unlikely - I would do so in an instant and sell my Bulgari OF to make room. I tried it on a little while ago, and wow - it is special.

Patek-Philippe-Nautilus-5712-1R-Novelty-2022.jpg

And one more for good measure - although it did not make the Top 5 cut. I love that green dial, and think it is a really convincing iteration of the 5270. However, the 5270 is still the 5270, and I am holding out for another PCC that is slightly smaller.

Patek-Philippe-5270P-014-Perpetual-Calendar-Chronograph-Green-Lacquered-Dial-Platinum-hands-on-9.jpg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inspired by a series of Fratello articles, I figured this may be a good discussion - what are your Top 5 watches of the year? Also, thinking less "pie in the sky" and more "I might very well buy this if I had the option to do so."
4 out of the 6 watches you listed are "pie in the sky" for me.

I can't think of 5 watches released this year for me. I'm thinking maybe
1. Omega Seamaster 300 Diver Pro James Bond 60th

2. Omega Aqua Terra 38mm (the new colors released)

3. Cartier Santos Dumont YG. The LE released this year.

I can't think of anything else for me and even then the 2 Omega's I listed aren't available until 2023.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't think of anything else for me and even then the 2 Omega's I listed aren't available until 2023.

First, the Patek 5226. This will be the next watch to join the stable, at some point in 2023. I make fun of it, but it is incredibly special in the metal.

View attachment 1862237

Second and Third, in no particular order, the BB Pro and the Pelagos 39. I anticipate that I will add one of these at some point, and am leaning towards the BB Pro. Still not 100% decided, but it is a charming, quirky watch. The Pelagos 39 is an amazing, versatile watch - but I am not sure if it makes sense in my collection.

View attachment 1862240
View attachment 1862262

Fourth, the Parmigiani GMT Rattrapante is just such a novel approach to a great complication. I doubt I will get it, don't really see the need to fill this slot in my collection, but I love the execution.

View attachment 1862251

Fifth, the one that appeals to my lizard brain - the 5712R. If I had a chance to buy it - and that is highly unlikely - I would do so in an instant and sell my Bulgari OF to make room. I tried it on a little while ago, and wow - it is special.

View attachment 1862239

And one more for good measure - although it did not make the Top 5 cut. I love that green dial, and think it is a really convincing iteration of the 5270. However, the 5270 is still the 5270, and I am holding out for another PCC that is slightly smaller.

View attachment 1862263

39 Pelagos is the only new watch from this year that is remotely interesting to me and it’s not interesting, so…pretty blah…

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1862237

View attachment 1862240
View attachment 1862262

View attachment 1862251

View attachment 1862239

View attachment 1862263
I see no Richemont entries. Therefore, you are a scumbag.

Sincerely,
F.A.R.T.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1862237

View attachment 1862240
View attachment 1862262

View attachment 1862251

View attachment 1862239

View attachment 1862263

100% agree on the Tudor Pelagos 39, but such a disappointment that they have so few for the AD's for 2022.

Are the new AT 38mm colors actually released yet? Maybe one of the best new watches for 2023 at this rate?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads