• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Constantly surprised at the number of watchers who are head in sand brigade.
Ostriches don't actually do that. Any Cantab claiming this publicly is a fraud. But then Peterhouse was always a bit oxford flavoured.

Pandaros

Reaction score
I am on the waitlist for a Tudor 1926 in rose gold - I posted an image of it before. Is this normal?

The AD said Tudor has gone the same way as Rolex and this model is difficult to get hold of. I should have it by February.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A very good watch for the money. Clean and simple dial design + 150m of water resistance = great everyday watch.

52530811605_9115dda833_b.jpg

52530881358_0177e00969_b.jpg

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wtf is going on in here? I need to see a hype Rolex, some banal RT, or an UMC Patek immediately…jfc…

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I finally picked up the watch that will fill in the three slot (watch on a steel bracelet to be worn with jeans or shorts). That just leaves the four slot open (watch on leather strap to be worn with odd jackets or woolen sweaters). Any upgrades to the six slot collection will be strictly one in - one out. No further accumulation. The only slots that I can conceive of upgrading are slot one (travel watch on NATO where security may be an issue) and slot six (watch on glossy alligator for formal, social occasions). I can’t really ever see myself “upgrading” any of the others but who knows what may catch my eye.
95264FEF-F2A5-4C53-BFD2-CF0627257C80.jpeg

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I finally picked up the watch that will fill in the three slot (watch on a steel bracelet to be worn with jeans or shorts). That just leaves the four slot open (watch on leather strap to be worn with odd jackets or woolen sweaters). Any upgrades to the six slot collection will be strictly one in - one out. No further accumulation. The only slots that I can conceive of upgrading are slot one (travel watch on NATO where security may be an issue) and slot six (watch on glossy alligator for formal, social occasions). I can’t really ever see myself “upgrading” any of the others but who knows what may catch my eye. View attachment 1861978
Fantastic choice. Though a watch like that deserves a box-style reveal!

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fantastic choice. Though a watch like that deserves a box-style reveal!
Thanks! The Pepsi basically replaces the stolen Batman.

If Rolex ever figures out how to match the blue in the Pepsi to the blue in the Batman, I can see myself buying the upgrade. For me, the lighter blue of the Batman is a better shade than the darker blue of the Pepsi.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The Pepsi basically replaces the stolen Batman.

If Rolex ever figures out how to match the blue in the Pepsi to the blue in the Batman, I can see myself buying the upgrade. For me, the lighter blue of the Batman is a better shade than the darker blue of the Pepsi.
I think you need an Andersen Geneve world timer for that fourth slot. Or a Patek 5110P if you don’t want to go the independent route. That would round out your really solid collection.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I finally picked up the watch that will fill in the three slot (watch on a steel bracelet to be worn with jeans or shorts). That just leaves the four slot open (watch on leather strap to be worn with odd jackets or woolen sweaters). Any upgrades to the six slot collection will be strictly one in - one out. No further accumulation. The only slots that I can conceive of upgrading are slot one (travel watch on NATO where security may be an issue) and slot six (watch on glossy alligator for formal, social occasions). I can’t really ever see myself “upgrading” any of the others but who knows what may catch my eye. View attachment 1861978
I asked and you delivered...

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you need an Andersen Geneve world timer for that fourth slot. Or a Patek 5110P if you don’t want to go the independent route. That would round out your really solid collection.
Wow, those Andersen are stunners.

SSingh1975

Reaction score
Got on a waitlist for a datejust 41 (smooth bezel) on jubilee or oyster. AD quoted me 6 months so fingers crossed! AKA the "Biden" datejust..lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads