• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Omega 1957 60th Anniversary Trilogy Limited Editions, Seamaster, Railmaster, Speedmaster.

Omega-1957-Trilogy-Speedmaster-Seamaster-300-Railmaster-Baselworld-2017-2.jpg

Last edited:

Schwazer

Reaction score
Rising interest rates? No problem, Powell with a Rolex Submariner.

Jerome-Powell-Rolex-Submariner-Federal-Reserve-Chairman.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smitty woke up today and chose violence.
Thought the Mars time watch thing was a cereal box toy level of gimmick. Lots of great watches in their history of course.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought the Mars time watch thing was a cereal box toy level of gimmick. Lots of great watches in their history of course.
Based on what I read it sounded like ESA asked them for the functionality. It's certified and will be worn by personnel and astronauts in the ESA.
What other companies are making watches that are still being deployed in the field like this, that you can also buy as a consumer? Honest question

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All complications are totally ******* ridiculous except for date and GMT!

May I direct you to this. I absolutely agree. Date, GMT, and, if manual, power reserve. Everything else is dumb. So if you want to be dumb, at least buy something outlandish, not a Patek chronograph or such.

There have been some great suggestions to your inquiry. I’d like to ask what complications are worth owning? I posted before that I’m essentially only interested in complications that I will actually use. So a chronograph is a pointless function I think. Moon phase too. I think date and power reserve if manual wind are good. Perpetual calendar is dumb because you probably have to service it before you get through the cycle. Why care about incremental improvements in the chronograph function of the Daytona movement if you never use it?

Unfacconable has made this point many times in a better way. So perhaps it’s rhetorical. Watches are ultimately personal.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on what I read it sounded like ESA asked them for the functionality. It's certified and will be worn by personnel and astronauts in the ESA.
What other companies are making watches that are still being deployed in the field like this, that you can also buy as a consumer? Honest question
Likely some of the military/SAR stuff like Sinn, Marathon and such. Neat that ESA ordered some but not sure exactly why. For folks in control room? Motivation for employees to have buy-in to missions? Interesting but maybe a far cry from issued for use in space?

Anyway, don’t want to punk out Omega too much more but this watch tripped my BS sensor just like $1k fleece vests from Drakes did.

I’ll research the ESA thing. Wifey was there in Garching at the ESO a while back. She was working but I was along to goof off down in Munich!

Last edited:

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Omega 1957 60th Anniversary Trilogy Limited Editions, Seamaster, Railmaster, Speedmaster.

View attachment 1837324

I like the Railmaster, but I would never admit to that in this thread

Rising interest rates? No problem, Powell with a Rolex Submariner.

Jerome-Powell-Rolex-Submariner-Federal-Reserve-Chairman.jpg

“Don’t worry about my watch, I need to unemploy you!!!”

by the way, anyone have a US source to DLC a watch? I’ve used Jack at IWW previously but he no longer does bracelets. I don’t want to just DLC the head ( :uhoh: ) and be left with a stainless bracelet. There is a guy in NYC that sells watches already DLC’d but I don’t feel like paying a $6-7k premium over retail for a watch I already have.

pmeis

Reaction score
Currency is fluctuating like crazy right now between USD, Pound and EUR... companies are doing pricing corrections to stay level between markets.

Yeah, it's crazy. I stayed up late Monday morning to try to get in on the Fratello X Nomos Weltzeit LE and succeeded. They were selling it for the normal EU price and of course dropped the 20% VAT. With the current FX rate, I ended up paying $3750 shipped. The standard versions of these generally sell for around $3.3k preowned, while the US retail price is $6100 (though I doubt anybody actually pays that amount). I knew the rates had been turning in favor of the dollar, but I hadn't realized the extent until then.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a few weeks ago it was big news that they're on par... now we're almost at 4% more ...

1664374053020.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads