• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You tease!

In a middle of a long, drawn-out meeting, there is no better pleasure than glancing down at your Ulysse Nardin watch, actuating the pusher, and watching, simultaneously, a Greek man plowing a Greek woman and a snake performing cunnilingus on a Greek woman. It’s small, private moments like those that get me through the day.

...until you're asked to stand up and present to the group, and you have to awkwardly hold a book in front of your groin...

BlairW

Reaction score
Anyone had experience with putting a datejust on one of those curved end leather straps? Do they look any good in the flesh?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't think I've ever touted here before and only doing it because I definitely remember two regular posters mentioning they might be looking for a Lange 1815 chono someday? Have a rose gold 414.032 in excellent condition that I'm not wearing much. Lange is now trying to sell these new for $68K (which is frankly nuts) but I got mine nearer $50K and would be happy to make any StyFo-er in good standing a very nice price. End tout.

1664065103475.png

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone had experience with putting a datejust on one of those curved end leather straps? Do they look any good in the flesh?

You should not swap straight for curved strap ends—curved straps use curved spring bars, which require angled lug holes. Fitting straight bars into holes meant for curved bars, and vice versa, can cause the lug holes to wear out. Very difficult to repair, if not impossible.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UK and the rest of Europe is going to suffer more...
How to get a sub in Germany in just 3 months:
  • Stockpile wood stoves $500/stove.
  • Stockpile firewood (8 cubic meter per stove).
  • Wait til December/January cold spikes.
  • Swap sub for stove and a winter's worth of wood; chuck in a G-shock so they're not late for the walk to work in the dark.
  • Feel your heart warm in the teary eyes of gratitude of Hans and Gunther whose families can at last drop the ski jackets inside their own living room for a while.
But it looks like the UAE is doing the same, except with LNG and prime EU real estate.

BlairW

Reaction score
You should not swap straight for curved strap ends—curved straps use curved spring bars, which require angled lug holes. Fitting straight bars into holes meant for curved bars, and vice versa, can cause the lug holes to wear out. Very difficult to repair, if not impossible.
These are straps specifically for a datejust, I assume it is just the shape of the leather end and still using straight spring bars. I would have thought it was no issue in terms of fitment - I’m only asking about the aesthetic

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These are straps specifically for a datejust, I assume it is just the shape of the leather end and still using straight spring bars. I would have thought it was no issue in terms of fitment - I’m only asking about the aesthetic

Aesthetically, curved strap ends are ******* horrible. A solution in a search of a problem.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it something like this (Day-Date 36mm)? It looks good in my eyes, even though the bracelet is a classic and the better option in my opinion.

Screenshot (36).png

BlairW

Reaction score
Is it something like this (Day-Date 36mm)? It looks good in my eyes, even though the bracelet is a classic and the better option in my opinion.

View attachment 1836425
That’s another option with an integrated end link. I considered that as well but not entirely sure if I like the look. It does look good on your example though

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is an IWC boutique in Melbourne and in Sydney, both owned and operated by the Kennedy Group. I dare say there you will find what you want at either. I personally prefer The Hourglass. If you visit Melbourne, Rita is my sales rep, she is a joy to deal with.
Thanks

montecristo#2

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads