• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yet again, Baltic designs another solid watch.

View attachment 1823571
How robust are the Baltic movements? They have a GMT that I have my eye on. I currently have a Momentum titanium GMT with a quartz movement that currently fills the “robust GMT under $1000 used for foreign travel where it might get nicked“ niche. This Baltic may be an upgrade.
65E3B6B2-E9BA-4154-AA17-2A314D9AAD73.jpeg

08FFE1C8-7780-4987-9ED0-104FCB268F81.jpeg

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch is from Kikuchi Nakagawa, and the movement is a Val Fleurier micro rotor. Lead time is 10-12 years. Let's play a game of "guess the price" - no cheating!

KNF.jpg

KNB.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ten to twelve YEARS? :eek2:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch is from Kikuchi Nakagawa, and the movement is a Val Fleurier micro rotor. Lead time is 10-12 years. Let's play a game of "guess the price" - no cheating!

View attachment 1823678
View attachment 1823679
I love it but assume it's insanely overpriced.

"Steel is from melted Katanas from 1500 AD Shoko Era and the watch band is from leather culled from cows raised by Japanese virgins who were then ritually slaughtered (both cows and virgins) and their blood used to dye the leather..."

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of that; I'm not a collector, but I've accumulated 3 vintage Singers. Based on my quick Google search, the godzilla finish seems to be on models intended for home use, not, ironically enough, for their commercial machines, where it would make more sense.

I like it, and now I want a machine with that finish...
I am sorry, but and I reading this right that you collect Sewing machines? Or and I missing something here?

Finally, someone to match my old hobby of collecting Typewriters

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guessing $22K

yeeesh,10-12 years is absolutely ludicrous
Not much different from a sub these days.
The SA in my local Mayors said he has 500 people on the waiting list for a basic black SS sub. If he was getting one a week in it would take ten years to clear the list … and he’s NOT getting one a week in!
Meanwhile in ten years the sub may have undergone a couple of upgrades making the current iteration obsolete - or even more desirable since it will be out of print!

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol, **** you’re old.

I have a former colleague who collects typewriters. He is also a watch guy (vanilla taste but all certified classics). Imagine Foo, but a more prestigious Ivy, no online presence, a world class movie buff, and a bodybuilder. A titanic jerk, but circumspect. Only assholes collect skateboards and teapots.

Your opinion is discounted because you're not a supporting member. Patek knows to appeal to real supporting members, rather than freeloading gaijins with esoteric tastes.

In my defense, I do pay my taxes. If only I could indulge in those esoteric tastes, I might own a Hajime Asaoka. Or that tasty new Kikuchi Nakagawa.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads