• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B88C4C93-4A30-46A8-AD3A-3E05BF743672.jpeg
Late but my entries would be a Cartier Tank Asymetrique, manual wind Piaget Altiplano, a blue dial Reverso with small seconds, and a VC manual wind Traditionelle with small seconds.

Probably around 1,000 pages back I said I wouldn’t buy a Piaget because I didn’t like the logo. But I’ve come around and the Altiplano is a great suggestion.

That brought to mind the VC&A Pierre Arpels. It’s a dandyish watch but it’s really nice on the wrist. a bit expensive at retail I think but they come up from time to time NIB on the grey market for $6-7k. A solid value at that price for a distinctive and elegant dress watch.

stro

Reaction score
Alright, so here is a thought exercise. The 2 or 3 hand, time-only dress watch is, in my opinion, the purest expression of what a watch is. What are your top dress watches that are currently in production? You can group them into price category if you wish.

eichi ii. i'm not choosing it under the impression that it reflects particularly good value relative to its peers, but i think it looks perfect. as a bonus i would enjoy exclusively referring to it as "my second seiko" so, so much.

P1061470.jpg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An AD in the next town over has one, I should go try it just for fun.
The CK859 is a stunner in person. It has a very nice presence and would dress up or down depending on strap. Absolutely one of the best new releases this year (or was it last year?).

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
The CB is an honorable mention for me. I'm just bitter that I did not buy one when I had the chance (for $13,000 - @Keith T was my witness).

CAN CONFIRM.

"The one that got away" :butbut:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Submitting something I could actually afford

View attachment 1819895
I actually requested a closer look at one of these from the Houston Omega boutique about a month ago, and they had one shipped in for me. Only took like, 4-5 days. Super helpful.

However I didn’t love it on the wrist for some reason. Maybe just a tad larger than I was hoping for (?) and also the dial looked a lot more dark, silvery-gray "in person" than I expected. If it had been just a touch whiter / lighter, I would have been sorely tempted.

I’ve also been stalking a vintage one that’s been posted on Analog:Shift for awhile ... and I occasionally check Chrono24 for new Omega sector dial listings. Really love the look of the old scientific-style.

Apologies as usual for the crappy iPhone pic:

D020D27A-08C4-4F6B-AD1A-1717D6F8B82D.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads