• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love everything Hajime does but the s
Couldnt agree more. After a certain price point, it’s all about aesthetics and how they add to the space rather than taking some away. Love the music my speakers play and haven’t an itch to upgrade in some time.

The crown jewel of my collection today ..

View attachment 1809010

So underrated. Nice

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Isn’t half the fun of articles like this reading through and trying to guess the price as you read? Will it be $1,500? $15,000?

seems to me that this falls in that no-man’s land between $1-5k where there’s always going to be something similar for less (I.e., the Hamilton field watches). I do like the dial though.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn’t half the fun of articles like this reading through and trying to guess the price as you read? Will it be $1,500? $15,000?

seems to me that this falls in that no-man’s land between $1-5k where there’s always going to be something similar for less (I.e., the Hamilton field watches). I do like the dial though.
Of it’s type - though hardly had time to evaluate it - it is a stunner for $3700USD.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of it’s type - though hardly had time to evaluate it - it is a stunner for $3700USD.

I know this isn’t really made for the “field” in any real way, but would it kill someone to make a field watch with a screw down crown and 100m WR?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this isn’t really made for the “field” in any real way, but would it kill someone to make a field watch with a screw down crown and 100m WR?
You'd think serious waterproofing would be standard by now. Can only be beneficial especially when being outdoors and in, on, or around water. Although 50m is pretty good I think. Would handle most every "field" situation I can think of.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'd think serious waterproofing would be standard by now. Can only be beneficial especially when being outdoors and in, on, or around water. Although 50m is pretty good I think. Would handle most every "field" situation I can think of.

I’d be ok with 50 and a screw down crown I guess. I want something I can go backpacking and fly fishing with (my watch is often submerged in the river).

In the end though,the best field watches are dive watches (timing bezel is hugely useful).

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, well. What is real and what is practicable are very different soldiers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads