• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you ask is it possible, do you mean buy the blue PVD Santos and then buy a steel bezel and swap the steel bezel for the blue PVD bezel? If so, that's unlikely. I don't think they will sell you a steel bezel to swap out. If you are talking about a custom piece, call your local Cartier boutique, inquire, and then let us know what they say.

Yes, I was hoping they would sell me a steel bezel in addition to the blue pvd watch, and I could have my watch guy swap. I might just ask my local AD?

How much might Cartier up-charge for a custom piece like that?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the upcharge for a custom piece would be. However, I don’t think they will sell you a steel bezel to swap it with the blue PVD bezel. Many watch companies will not sell extra parts so that people can make a watch that doesn’t exist as production model.

Wishing you lots of luck with your custom idea.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Honor Blackman with the Rolex GMT Master.

Honor 0.jpg

Honor 1.jpg

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deleted - incompatible response. Must learn to read.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, that is awesome. My goal is 60, with the caveat that I will probably taper down significantly after 55.

Enjoy retirement. If you don't mind sharing, how do you plan to spend your time?

So far I’ve been spending a lot more time with my son, and hiking and fishing a lot. We’re also researching and exploring to find a new place to live. Ultimately a lot more travel will come into play as well.

beyond that, I’m generally taking the attitude that I’m just going to say “yes” go a lot more things than I would when I was “too busy”.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

pmeis

Reaction score
Nice! Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to go aftermarket, not sure of the authenticity of those, but if the gasket fits...

I think it might be a real part though. Santos have been getting more popular for aftermarket “icing-out” and I think the random spare parts available on eBay are a result of replacing the original parts with diamond encrusted stuff.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Left of field: any hifi forums you’d recommend. Rather behind.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the next watch that you are planning to buy?
Probably an Explorer or Speedmaster. One is obviously more readily obtainable than the other at retail. After having tried on a Santos when I was in the Bahamas a month ago, I can't rule that out either, but I'm more likely to stick with my original plan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads