• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lunch, Croque Madame…

B6DF9E68-1FE9-4C06-B1D8-40B55CE67ADD.jpeg

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello from the islands

Would take a photo of the Rolex boutique here with literally nothing in any display cases (including exhibition models), but we've all seen it before at this point. Guess I'll take a look at the Breitling, Chopard, Cartier, Bulgari, etc shops later.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time posting in this thread because you all scare me… 2 watches ordered… couldn’t get away for the long weekend and had money burning a hole in my pocket I guess.

1. Blancpain Titanium Bathyscaphe on nato strap with sailcoth thrown in gratis

2. Pelagos blue diver - AD ordered both fxd and standard on the bracelet for me and I will choose when the they come in. I go back and forth but lean towards the standard.

Cooking a nice meal tonight for the family to assuage my guilt.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time posting in this thread because you all scare me… 2 watches ordered… couldn’t get away for the long weekend and had money burning a hole in my pocket I guess.

1. Blancpain Titanium Bathyscaphe on nato strap with sailcoth thrown in gratis

2. Pelagos blue diver - AD ordered both fxd and standard on the bracelet for me and I will choose when the they come in. I go back and forth but lean towards the standard.

Cooking a nice meal tonight for the family to assuage my guilt.
Both look to be great pieces. Post some photos when you receive them.

As to your guilt...

treat-yo-self.jpg

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that watch.
Me too. If I were offered the choice of a 36mm Explorer or a Sub, it'd be a tough choice but I'd most likely go with the Explorer. What a great everyday sporty watch.

Reactions: Gus

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too. If I were offered the choice of a 36mm Explorer or a Sub, it'd be a tough choice but I'd most likely go with the Explorer. What a great everyday sporty watch.
Even though I have a Sub Date I think I need one w/o Date to wear one of these suits. Recreation of Anthony Sinclair's suits for Sean Connery as Bond.

I'm partial to the glen plaid from Goldfinger. The cream linen from Diamonds Are Forever is smashing as well.

Last edited:

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own an Explorer and it’s ok. Nothing special about it. Just does the job. Kind of like fast food. Cheap, everywhere, mostly boring, but it works.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own an Explorer and it’s ok. Nothing special about it. Just does the job. Kind of like fast food. Cheap, everywhere, mostly boring, but it works.

That’s kind of the point IMO. It does the job and does so very well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads