• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

montecristo#2

Reaction score
Love you Lange time…

D86D899C-790B-44D3-B827-6DE91077F6A8.jpeg

Even if you are Richemont trash.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need to organise another richemont trash meet at Chuck E cheez the last one was fun
Totally! All those PP folks with their fancy Dave and Buster’s hangs can go to hell!

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious if any of you good people have changed any of your watch-related “plans” and/or general attitudes about the “hobby” as a direct result of present bleak conditions in financial markets, geo-politics, domestic horror (Americans), etc...?

For example, I had been on a this-and-then-this-and-then-this sort of collection building mission that lately seems...pretty lame (it was always trivial, but the mood has maybe turned?). I don’t know...

Last edited:

takashi78

Reaction score
Curious if any of you good people have changed any of your watch-related “plans” and/or general attitudes about the “hobby” as a direct result of present bleak conditions in financial markets, geo-politics, domestic horror (Americans), etc...?

For example, I had been on a this-and-then-this-and-then-this sort of collection building mission that lately seems...pretty lame (it was always trivial, but the mood has maybe turned?). I don’t know...

Well getting married, renovating the house and planning to start a family really puts a halt on things.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not me, though I have a still small collection and honestly only have 2 watches in the "I will buy this in the next 2-3 years" category, with another 2-3 in the "someday this would be nice" category.
But of course all that can change in an instant with some crazy autocrat launching an ICBM or whatever. Barring that kind of thing or a different dramatic downward turn in my own life due to external circumstances, I'm still on the buying train (at least for those next 2 pieces).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was seriously going to get the Tank LC when I was in France last week but decided not to.

I like the Tank LC but I'd rather have the Cintree. What it came down to was if I bought the LC, I'd still buy the Cintree later on. If I buy the Cintree first, I probably wouldn't buy the LC.

pmeis

Reaction score

I got real nervous around the timing of my recent housing transaction. We decided to buy without selling our house first as we didn't think we could get our old house in selling shape while we still occupied it. When we made the decision in February to buy, it looked like decent timing. Meanwhile as we moved towards closing on our old house, the housing market stuff started looking a bit bleaker. I had made the decision to put any planned watch purchases on hold and even sold a watch to have some extra funds.

Thankfully, our timing was great and our old house ended up closing without issues at well above asking. With the extra cash, I was able to upgrade the emergency fund, make a nice contribution to my son's college fund, furnish the new house with some even nicer stuff and buy a new high dollar watch (at least high dollar for me). That said, I think I'm out on future purchases until we see how some of the economic stuff plays out. It's also easy to say that as I am completely happy with the five watches I currently own and don't feel like I'm missing anything.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes. My wife and I were excited to go into our AD to try on the Cartiers we had settled on getting soon, but after the recent events, life seems a lot bleaker now. That kind of purchase seems selfish and overindulgent at the moment. Our daughter is 8 months old, and frankly, I'm scared to send her to school. So now maybe the watch money will go elsewhere...

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. My wife and I were excited to go into our AD to try on the Cartiers we had settled on getting soon, but after the recent events, life seems a lot bleaker now. That kind of purchase seems selfish and overindulgent at the moment. Our daughter is 8 months old, and frankly, I'm scared to send her to school. So now maybe the watch money will go elsewhere...
home schoooooooooooool!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads