• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

an draoi

Reaction score
You probably have the strap adjusted too tight. I about threw my first one away because I could not get it on for the life of me. Later learned that, if it's adjusted too tight, you'll never get that hook in there. Takes about 1 second nowadays.
Gonna try this.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Over on Omegaforums, there's a guy who looks like got scammed out of his watch by a youtuber, thetimelesswatchchannel. This guy got famous for saying the 3861 Speedmaster had really sharp edges and could cut paper. Apparently he's also allegedly scammed another guy out of some watches. The watch in question was owned by Humphrey Bogart.

Oh, the guy that "lives" in Venice... he's totally not shady at all lol

I just found out recently that Page & Cooper went bankrupt. If anyone had watched their Youtube channel or visited them in person, you would have never guessed that they were in financial trouble.

There's a lot of smoke & mirror in the watch industry and that passes onto youtubers also.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You probably have the strap adjusted too tight. I about threw my first one away because I could not get it on for the life of me. Later learned that, if it's adjusted too tight, you'll never get that hook in there. Takes about 1 second nowadays.
Great advice. I struggled at first but once I figured it out it only takes a second. I miss that first pass every so often but no longer struggle with it.

pmeis

Reaction score
Great advice. I struggled at first but once I figured it out it only takes a second. I miss that first pass every so often but no longer struggle with it.

The first week I had one, I did struggle...for some reason it was hurting my thumb when I did it (may have even given me a blister). All of a sudden I figured it out and never had an issue with it again.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1653486312250.png

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are people still getting scammed out of watches in 2022?
Apparently thetimelesswatch guy has scammed multiple people as more people are coming out posting their experiences dealing with him. His youtube channel is going to ****.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not directed at anyone in particular (especially not our beloved Jorge Rojo), here’s a shot of my Explorer II on a NATO (made by @DavidLane) telling us it’s time to celebrate another Boca Juniors championship upsetting Racing in the semifinals.

A South American soccer reference on the watch thread. What a time to be alive!

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently thetimelesswatch guy has scammed multiple people as more people are coming out posting their experiences dealing with him. His youtube channel is going to ****.
I don’t watch any YouTube channels, really. However, I took one look at his YouTube account and it took about 5 seconds to realize that this guy’s a scumbag. Why would anyone send watches to him, or anyone else like that? Jesus.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t watch any YouTube channels, really. However, I took one look at his YouTube account and it took about 5 seconds to realize that this guy’s a scumbag. Why would anyone send watches to him, or anyone else like that? Jesus.
I've read a few similar scam threads on other forums. I always have the same question as you. Why are you sending this Internet dude your expensive watch?

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^"official certified chronometer" doesn't mean anything, it's just a piece of paper.

That's a very intense, eye-catching blue dial!

psb

Reaction score
^"official certified chronometer" doesn't mean anything, it's just a piece of paper.

That's a very intense, eye-catching blue dial!
Thank you, it's a limited edtion released some years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads