• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to my AD today and mentioned snoopy strap (the cordura) and the omega deployant. Generously agreed to provide it to me pro bono, which was kind.
Did you estop him and say, "Thank you very much"?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in Mali, Ghana, and Niger. Was surprised that Guinness was so popular. I had assumed a lighter beer would trend in the tropics!
One of the locals told me that Guinness has spent decades quietly but shrewdly encouraging the rumor that it puts lead in your pencil.

;)

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyway, back to watches, the Mrs. has been wearing this a lot recently and says she has no complaints with either the comfort or timekeeping.

IMG_0926 2.jpg

pmeis

Reaction score
100%, essentially every reddit or WUS thread where someone bought a GS or an Omega will have someone bringing up out of the blue "I'd happily take this over any Rolex"

Endless copium

eh…I’m on the forums a lot, sure you see this a bit, but it really doesn’t happen all that often.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok silly question at this point, but it seems like folks here are good at getting discounts from retail prices at ADs. How does one ask for that? This would be our first watch purchase at a local AD, and it would be for 2 Cartiers at the same time. Hoping to start a relationship, but not necessarily.

Just ask what’s the “best price” they can do.

From my recent experience, Cartier is actually raising their prices pretty regularly, and discounts are unavailable on the more popular pieces. You may be able to get them to throw in an extra strap though, since that’s what they often do if you buy from the boutique.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just like people who say “Duke is the Harvard of the South” makes it painfully clear that their salty about not getting into Harvard.
I'd always heard that moniker for Vandy, not Duke.
It honestly had not occurred to me that Guinness could be "refreshing" until I did a stint in Central Africa -- which is fairly sweaty what with being on the Equator and all -- and everyone just drinks Guinness and/or whisky. People there like Guinness so much they sell a nonalcoholic soft drink version, which I cannot recommend.

View attachment 1794555
Non alcoholic malt drink 🤮

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads