• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright fellow speedy guys. I have never worn my speedy on anything other than a bracelet. Recommend a strap for me to buy.

You can't go wrong with the single pass, NATO styles. For a bit more money but still sporty, you can try the MN Strap by Erika's Originals. You get the benefit of the additional security and they look pretty sharp.

DSC03212.jpg
DSC03214.jpg

3861 all black cordura strap with deployant.

I picked one up from Jean Rousseau who make the OEM cordura version for Omega. Added a brushed deployant and it's spent the most amount of time on my wrist.

DSC03251.jpg

DSC03260.jpg

Lastly, Guarded Goods makes some nice single pass or two piece straps in dozens of leather options. I have a couple of his shell cordovan single pass straps in 20mm that look great and super casual.

DSC03187.jpg

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the look of the Artem sailcloth straps. Don't personally own one so, can't say from experience but… they look great
On my "want' list, but they've been sold out of the standard black sailcloth strap for a while now.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I get the Cordura straps from an Omega AD?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I get the Cordura straps from an Omega AD?
Yes. I tried to buy one with the watch but they had to order it so I just went direct. Note, they are MTO from Jean Rousseau so it took a couple of weeks.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. I tried to buy one with the watch but they had to order it so I just went direct. Note, they are MTO from Jean Rousseau so it took a couple of weeks.

Got it. Yeah, I will probably just go the JR route. What deployant did you get?

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright fellow speedy guys. I have never worn my speedy on anything other than a bracelet. Recommend a strap for me to buy.

I am partial to leather for obvious reasons, however I would consider an olive green nylon NATO, the one from RRL is really nice. I also like a textured olive or loden green leather/gator. I also think a dark gray alligator is fantastic:
Capture.PNG

-DL

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1653058420391.png

Rolex watches have always been expensive — all those sponsorshipsdon't come cheap. But over the past few years they've morphed from consumption good (buying one makes you that much poorer) to alternative asset class (buying one can, potentially, make you significantly richer), Axios' Felix Salmon writes.
Why it matters: Watches in general, and steel Rolex watches in particular, have now become an object of speculation. That in turn has helped to drive their price sharply upward.
The big picture: Rolex watches have been all but impossible to buy on the primary market for years now.
  • Annual supply of about 1 million watches per year now has to include a large allocation to China. That means authorized dealers don't receive enough supply, even to mollify their best customers — all of whom are trying to buy as many watches as they can, given that secondary-market prices are always significantly higher than retail prices.
  • Rolex isn't in the business of maximizing profits, so it doesn't expand production to meet demand. Instead, it's wholly owned by the Hans Wilsdorf Foundation, a Swiss charitable trust. When it does introduce new models, it does so slowly and deliberately, and tries to lead rather than follow the taste of the public.
By the numbers: The secondary market in Rolex watches is highly liquid. The average Rolex now sells for about $15,000 — up from less than $5,000 in 2011.
  • Prices have been softening in recent months, however — the first sustained down market since Rolex watches became an investment-grade asset class.
What they're saying: "A lot of buying was from people thinking prices can't go down," says WatchCharts.com founder Charles Tian. "Now we're seeing that first major sign that this type of growth is not sustainable."

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This seems like a nice option:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Separately - if we go back to the old days, of not gifting your AD a bottle of wine to entice him or her to allow you to buy a watch for full price, it’s going to be a blood bath.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok silly question at this point, but it seems like folks here are good at getting discounts from retail prices at ADs. How does one ask for that? This would be our first watch purchase at a local AD, and it would be for 2 Cartiers at the same time. Hoping to start a relationship, but not necessarily.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok silly question at this point, but it seems like folks here are good at getting discounts from retail prices at ADs. How does one ask for that? This would be our first watch purchase at a local AD, and it would be for 2 Cartiers at the same time. Hoping to start a relationship, but not necessarily.
I was a bit hesitant but after visiting my JLC AD a few times I went back to buy a Master Control Date. When going back the last time I asked what was the best price they could offer and he gave 10% off immediately. It did feel weird even bringing it up.

I hate haggling and bought the watch on the spot.

Last edited:

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my employees would take his wife and 2 kids to Disney every year. He would always watch the price of Amazon stock around the time he was booking everything because he would need to sell a few shares each year to fund the trip. Poor guy was blowing his retirement taking them every year.
Timing the market to fund a Disney trip
Nice. Is he a mod on r/Wallstreetbets?
I've had mine on the strap for a few weeks. May have to put the bracelet back on for a bit. It's such a versatile piece.

View attachment 1793862
This looks awesome.
Never in to artificial realities or being trapped in one company's domain
Weren't you in the Army?
I'm a big fan of the Chevron straps from Crown & Buckle. Single pass and adjustable, so you get the nato look without all the extra bulk of the strap end folding back in. This is one of the new matte ones:

View attachment 1793936
I like them too. Have one on my old super peasant beater SKX.

Trigger warning: cheap watch

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads