• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wei Koh: I love that about Cartier, because I think it’s so classy, right? It’s not like “Hey dude, you got to spend this much money.” It’s more about—

Eric Ku: Tell us about you. What do you love about Cartier?

Is it possible to die of cringe? I may need to update my will...

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few lucky Princeton grads are about to be told they are still loved by their parents.
I can't help but think that if this was just a regular pink gold Reverso without a ******* enamel tiger, that I'd jump on that pretty quickly. Awesome dial layout and overall combo.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quite gorgeous! Maybe one can arrange a different painting/engraving on the back? Last Supper, or something like that.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quite gorgeous! Maybe one can arrange a different painting/engraving on the back? Last Supper, or something like that.

That’s always been an option. Just have to ask JLC when you buy your Reverso.

But $100K for that watch is stupid.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or, if enamel is your thing, swing it the other direction and go for this Sun Wukong limited edition (72 pieces) watch that Oris just released for $27,500:

1643308855364.png

1643308952676.png

The Sun Wukong Artist Edition features a unique hand-painted cloisonné enamel dial and shows the Dragon King’s underwater palace, where Sun Wukong (more commonly known as The Monkey King) finds a weapon in the seminal 1961 Chinese animated feature-length film The Monkey King: Uproar in Heaven. This exceptional watch will be limited to 72 numbered pieces, reflecting the number of shapes the divine Sun Wukong can appear in. Each is a work of art.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May just be me, but I do not understand, at all, the desire to spend that much money on one element of a watch when the rest of the watch is a $1-2k watch.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Richemont trash question - if an AD carries some Richemont brands, but not others...do you think it is possible for them to order a watch from one of the other brands that they are not explicitly listed as an AD for?

St1X

Reaction score
Richemont trash question - if an AD carries some Richemont brands, but not others...do you think it is possible for them to order a watch from one of the other brands that they are not explicitly listed as an AD for?
Ask them, not us :)

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May just be me, but I do not understand, at all, the desire to spend that much money on one element of a watch when the rest of the watch is a $1-2k watch.
I don't disagree with you. Do you feel the same way regarding precious metals, or just things like enamel dials and other handcrafted features?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Like I said, the price is stupid. But, to be fair, it’s more like a $15K watch without the engraving/enamel.

They say the engraving and enamel work takes 55 hours a piece. $85K is exceptionally lucrative money for a little more than a week’s worth of work. Let’s just leave it at that.

Generally no. The ADs deal with the individual brands, not the conglomerate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads