• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
re: the 5227 v. 6119 discussion

I'm curious to see what they will do with the 5196 replacement if the rumors of the discontinuation are true. A 6196 version would be interesting with the same sizing/movement as the 6119 but a more subtle case.

I hope that wouldn't jump the price too much, as $30K for the entry level piece is a bridge too far for me compared to the alternatives (ALS, FJP, Vacheron, etc.)
Not sure why everyone is saying that the 5196 has been discontinued. It is still on the Patek website while discontinued models, e.g., 5711, have been removed.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not sure why everyone is saying that the 5196 has been discontinued. It is still on the Patek website while discontinued models, e.g., 5711, have been removed.

Solid sources say it has been.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I mean I think its all hearsay and rumor at this point, but I was going off of a large-ish list that was posted on Rolex Forum's Patek board. Also, one of the large local AD SAs told me directly that it was on deck to be discontinued this upcoming year.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super special model custom made for IB/PE baller community. Regular folk need not apply.

I have 11 pairs of Alden cordovan long wings and only just realized they don’t really work for me as a One-Shoe. Can’t stress enough that I probably wouldn’t have made this discovery prior to my 11th pair...

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 11 pairs of Alden cordovan long wings and only just realized they don’t really work for me as a One-Shoe. Can’t stress enough that I probably wouldn’t have made this discovery prior to my 11th pair...
Hahahaha.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to get into shoes/boots because it's not the right place, but have you ever looked at Edward Green, Saint Crispin's, or Crockett & Jones? Feel free to PM me, if interested in this kind of stuff.
Those are all too fancy to wear with my Richemont trash...need to keep my look coherent! ;-)

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New AP Royal Oak Jumbo dropped.

Looks just like the old
No micro-adjustment mechanism on the bracelet? Jesus. Look, I owned this watch for a long time. It was my one "grail watch." It never fit right. It was either too tight or too loose. I hated that. Ended up selling the thing two years ago (I know, ouch).

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No micro-adjustment mechanism on the bracelet? Jesus. Look, I owned this watch for a long time. It was my one "grail watch." It never fit right. It was either too tight or too loose. I hated that. Ended up selling the thing two years ago (I know, ouch).
pipped at the post

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ROO is always going to be the douche-ier choice, so I’m sticking with that.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads