• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any power reserve indication on digital casios? Like, do you know how much battery life remains on the watch? I’d hate to be out in the ****, depending on my super accurate, well equipped digital watch, only to have it die unexpectedly....One benefit of old-school automatic movements?

Does temperature have any effect on the battery life?

It was only an overnight trip, but I did have the battery die on a digital watch during a backpacking trip once. Last time I'll take anything but an automatic.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday, folks!

Been wearing this sumbitch everyday for over a month (I’ve never done that!):
746CDB88-A19F-483D-B2A7-19527E92419D.jpeg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How did you chose the right one?
Off the shelf or bespoke?

Aftermarket performance parts for Porsche 911s is a well-developed but niche market (even more so with respect to GT3s)—i.e., there are only so few options. For lightweight lithium batteries, there are three choices. One is not available in the U.S. Of the other two, one is lighter and has better features for less money. If I recall, I paid something like $1,200 for mine. The other one would have been $2,000 and is a worse battery. Easy decision.

RobinMA

Reaction score
Aftermarket performance parts for Porsche 911s is a well-developed but niche market (even more so with respect to GT3s)—i.e., there are only so few options. For lightweight lithium batteries, there are three choices. One is not available in the U.S. Of the other two, one is lighter and has better features for less money. If I recall, I paid something like $1,200 for mine. The other one would have been $2,000 and is a worse battery. Easy decision.

Why didn't you let them build a custom battery for you? Given how batteries are constructed, customization should be fairly easy.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why didn't you let them build a custom battery for you? Given how batteries are constructed, customization should be fairly easy.
Not sure if you're really that stupid or just trolling. It's hard to tell with you sometimes.

RobinMA

Reaction score
I don’t like quartz anything, but vibes around high-end quartz watches are certainly building up.

I am ONLY talking quartz PPs here

Think about their rareness

How quirky they are

The reverse-reverse snobbery (let this sink in)

How to customize one (think: platinum battery etc)

You have something noone has

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, that’s not high end. Being a Patek or Cartier makes quartz a subversive act.
Soooo...snobby reverse snob? Haha. Weird. But, ok...

When I wear my Swatch I’m def thinking “reverse” snob...spending a few k on a luxury watch to be reverse snob seems levels of meta I’m not ready for...

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Soooo...snobby reverse snob? Haha. Weird. But, ok...

When I wear my Swatch I’m def thinking “reverse” snob...spending a few k on a luxury watch to be reverse snob seems levels of meta I’m not ready for...

edit: “oh hi bespoke tailor. please make my suit fit badly and use a stock pattern and a machine because I’m sticking it to the man who doesn’t know I’m the man...”

edit: just realized above kind of describes Oxford. ****. Sorry (not sorry)

It’s also about showing that you can casually blow money on something expensive without much care for substance or details.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads