• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wear a fake Rolex, keep the real one in a home safe. Problem solved.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Insure the watch ... and when you are approached by a man with a gun (or knife), fork it over. I will die for my country ... but not for a damn watch.

I have a number of reasons I don't care for Rolex ... and the fact it is recognizable by nearly everyone as $$$ is a big one. The less you show, the less trouble you'll have. If you are going to wear a Rolex and walk about in any large city (frankly anywhere in public) ... keep it under your cuff.

But hey, guys no longer carry as much cash ... the thieves had to find another way to "make a living".

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch theft has me pretty freaked out, actually. I’m super aware when people at bars and restaurants seem to be trying to make out my watch...it’s also one of the reasons that even though I’d really like a full gold gmt, Daytona, or DD, I’ll likely get something of equal or greater “value” that is much less recognizable...

Even wearing a modest, ubiquitous Rolex sub feels risky these days...

Reactions: RSS

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There’s a disturbing pattern of watch thefts at gunpoint in downtown SF at the moment. At least four that I know of in the last couple of weeks. A guy was pistol whipped for a Rolex yesterday and quite badly injured. Feels like the street criminal element is waking up to rising values and ease of disposal on the gray market. Not great.
Just young venture capital analysts having some fun after work. They'll have the edges sanded down in business school soon enough.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s a disturbing pattern of watch thefts at gunpoint in downtown SF at the moment. At least four that I know of in the last couple of weeks. A guy was pistol whipped for a Rolex yesterday and quite badly injured. Feels like the street criminal element is waking up to rising values and ease of disposal on the gray market. Not great.
I’ve said this before, but everyone here should be properly armed and trained. I have enough weapons and ammo to supply a small Bolivian guerilla group. **** would go down awfully quick if someone ever got cute with me.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sized and surprised.
0ED375B9-8DD9-42C0-A82E-0ED9774C3911.jpeg
691A11CF-B97F-432D-9177-FA63D8492632.jpeg
8DF0A39D-C06F-44BF-8872-8DEE58AE40DA.jpeg
B5D0950E-CA2D-4387-8DCE-D8D37886741C.jpeg
04512A0C-B660-4CCE-B56F-35DF08701AF4.jpeg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was an "interesting" scene that played out in Florida very recently. BMW driver (state GOP official) hit a Prius. After words were exchanged he rammed the Prius and started pushing it. Level headed guy, obviously. He then fired into said Prius ... probably thinking the fellow was unarmed ... I mean it was a Prius. The Prius driver drew a gun and killed the BMW driver. Good going!

I'm just waiting for more shootouts at the OK Palm Beach Corral. I don't think this was in Palm Beach ... but I liked that thought.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was "interesting" scene that played out in Florida very recently. BMW driver (state GOP official) hit a Prius. After words were exchanged he rammed the Prius and started pushing it. Level headed guy, obviously. He then fired into said Prius ... probably thinking the fellow was unarmed ... I mean it was a Prius. The Prius driver drew a gun and killed the BMW driver. Good going!

I'm just waiting for more shootouts at the OK Palm Beach Coral. I don't think this was in Palm Beach ... but I liked that thought.
'Murica

• Sad
Reactions: RSS

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads