• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over here we just call it shitjob.
that's why I left - RE is much better ... more time to waste on forums. can't say corporate law is much better but not sure if that's what you do

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
that's why I left - RE is much better ... more time to waste on forums. can't say corporate law is much better but not sure if that's what you do

Oh no, I do shitjob.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll post better pictures tomorrow when I get this sized and I’m out in the wild. For now, this should suffice. This is my first Grand Seiko, and I’m impressed. Keep in mind, however, that I’m a Richemont dumb **** peasant that likes phony ****. Notwithstanding my socio-economic shortcomings (dammit, dad, why weren’t you a doctor), I love this. Finishing is superb. Overall, the watch is just a frenzy of aesthetic accomplishment. Won’t be my last GS, that’s for sure.
15527B22-5965-4019-884C-CA2B4CC46A28.jpeg
85E73568-B562-4A01-9116-E52202098E02.jpeg

Last edited:

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I do still. Got myself the VC Traditionnelle. I have a weak spot for small seconds, so I really like this Calatrava.
View attachment 1591765

Edit: now I don't know which one I like more. Oh well, can't have everything. They look alike, but also very different.
Calatrava or no, this one is really hot.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that watch. It is so big that I can easily tell from a distance that the wearer is poor, and avoid him/her.

But really, it’s one of my favorite IWCs in a while and I think it’s a great addition. I tried it on and liked it a lot.

View attachment 1738657
They make something very similar (with a date window) in a 36mm if you’re into stealth poor.

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m still leaning toward Lange 1 for next (big for me) purchase. Patek 5196p would be my other option at this point (I know they’re completely different animals), but not feeling up to all the anxiety of properly vetting and hunting down the watch...

Having done only cursory searches, how hard is it it find these in really good shape?
DE79E215-D006-473E-9C0D-760CAD47DAFA.jpeg

Last edited:

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m still leaning toward Lange 1 for next (big for me) purchase. Patek 5196p would be my other option option at this point (I know they’re completely different animals), but not feeling up to all the anxiety of properly vetting and hunting down the watch...

Having done only cursory searches, how hard is it it find these in really good shape? View attachment 1740126
Not hard at all.

thuhoan

Reaction score
I’ll post better pictures tomorrow when I get this sized and I’m out in the wild. For now, this should suffice. This is my first Grand Seiko, and I’m impressed. Keep in mind, however, that I’m a Richemont dumb **** peasant that likes phony ****. Notwithstanding my socio-economic shortcomings (dammit, dad, why weren’t you a doctor), I love this. Finishing is superb. Overall, the watch is just a frenzy of aesthetic accomplishment. Won’t be my last GS, that’s for sure.
View attachment 1740121 View attachment 1740122
Oh man this one and the spring drive version with different case are my favorites right now. Hmm Lake Suwa is nice too..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads