• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All non-“serious” collectors: I’m really digging this. Thoughts?
View attachment 1736924 View attachment 1736925

Looks great, but with your other watches you might find the bracelet somewhat disappointing. Looks like it comes with an extra leather strap though:

1642181159354.png

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just called about 10 GS dealers and boutiques. Nobody has it. One dealer, in particular, was very helpful: Carat & Co in New York (Queens, to be precise). I put down a deposit for the next one that comes in. First time I’ve ever had to do that for any watch. Looking forward to getting it.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For an old fart like me ... the transition of f*ck from pathetic to great has taken time. But I get it ... I never understood why it was considered an insult ... hell it makes life so much more enjoyable and exciting.

TokenMao

Reaction score
You don’t like the bracelet? Is it a design or comfort issue? I’ve never tried on a GS, so any input would help.

Some people claim that GS bracelets aren't up to snuff, there's no quick adjust or anything but personally I think they're fine. Also I had the same reaction as you to the SBGH295 and have a deposit down as well

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I remember reading he was a friend of James Gandolfini who did some promos for the watches. They got called out for basically just making funky, macho cases and throwing in off-the-shelf 2824-2 movements. Always thought they were amusing tool watches for dudes who really work in cubicles.
yooo don't shame us peasants
For an old fart like me ... the transition of f*ck from pathetic to great has taken time. But I get it ... I never understood why it was considered an insult ... hell it makes life so much more enjoyable and exciting.
this post ***** bro!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1736924 View attachment 1736925

I do not know what is not to like about this release. Nice price, beautiful dial, extra strap.

Regarding the bracelet haters: maybe I am not a bracelet snob, but it is absolutely 100% solid. Is it as great as a Rolex bracelet? No, because Rolex bracelets are best in class. But it is a very good bracelet and it would not impact my enjoyment of the watch. I've had my Speedy 1861 on the bracelet with years and I have not thought once that it is a "bad" bracelet.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the people that gave feedback on the GS! I’m excited for it. Until then, I’ll just cycle through the same old boring ****.
View attachment 1736960

The yellow gold sub is better than a rose gold version. The yellow they produce is brilliant and you bought the right watch.

As for the GS, that watch has my preferred case shape from them and looks much better in person than in pictures. Its really difficult to capture the way the light plays off that case with the polishing. This one is my preferred reference since I know you were curious. Can confirm it indeed ***** in person, and especially in Waffle Houses. It's also thinner than Foo's goaty goat 5004:

1642186800438.png

1642186816388.png

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@George Red the GS is nice looking, but seems to me quite a bit different from the other watches that you usually post here. What caught your eye about this one?

St1X

Reaction score
Thanks to the people that gave feedback on the GS! I’m excited for it. Until then, I’ll just cycle through the same old boring ****.
View attachment 1736960
That's a nice watch. Don't get me wrong - it's adorable, but the case work is pedestrian and overall it doesn't *****.
Show us some Pateks instead ?

Last edited:

pmeis

Reaction score
View attachment 1736924

This is my favorite case being made today and for all the GS exploring I've done over the years, its one of the only ones I've never owned myself. Enjoy!

Some people claim that GS bracelets aren't up to snuff, there's no quick adjust or anything but personally I think they're fine. Also I had the same reaction as you to the SBGH295 and have a deposit down as well

I don't find anything wrong with them outside of the lack of quick adjust. I think its pretty lazy that they haven't done one yet, especially as the continue to push upwards in price, but I don't find much wrong with the ones I've had.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads