• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

montecristo#2

Reaction score
E459F266-1CCA-49CF-8272-4BA558F4A84B.jpeg

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Not a current or past owner, but I love it. Go for it.

+1 "go for it" ... very handsome watch. I always thought it looks like future old money :)

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah

(I live for these moments of internet pedantry)

Looking at the computer render I did a double take:
1638999222829.png

The "tails" of the notes (how do you say in English) are on the wrong side on the top line from the 3rd bar onwards, here in Breitkopf & Hartel:
1638999331656.png

So I checked the manuscript and lo and behold Beethoven did have a habit of putting it on the wrong side... but not this wrong side, the other wrong side:

1638999381978.png

Luckily, unlike the CAD assistant and the marketing team, the engraver sides with B&H and modern musicians:

1638999447710.png

So, I am comforted in knowing that Vacheron is still not spending much on marketing and thus remains close to the values I like :D

A while back I had a project for a series of straps (to match my watches) with either manuscript or "printed" music that I thought matched each design, something like Berluti Scritto (but I had found an Indonesian leather worker courtesy of @Riva that did it neater, I thought). It was fun thinking about what matches what. E.g. the sub or GMT pepsi is probably Beethoven 5; I'd peg Vacheron closer to the late quartets; Moser or Lange would be Brahms (op 118/119 and the 1st symphony respectively) or maybe Schoenberg's Verklarte Nacht, particularly the more complex Lange pieces; Ressence or Journe would be Messianic. I got choice paralysis in attempting to place the Tristan chord...

1638999635111.png

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gathering our community’s input, please. I’m into this. It’s available. May pull the trigger. Any feedback from current or past owners of this watch? Would occupy a dress watch slot in my collection. Thank you.
View attachment 1716798

George, I am wearing mine right now before I head into a Comp Committee Meeting - I love mine and think it is such a great dress watch with an elegant twist. I would strongly encourage you to fill that spot in your collection.

IMG_1318.jpg

watchguy1234

Reaction score
y997G9e.jpg

I picked up a strap from ACM and swapped it onto the watch this evening. I'm pretty happy with how the combo turned out. It feels a bit more approachable and casual compared to the shiny black alligator strap, and perhaps even lets the dial shine a bit more. Apologies in advance for the bedroom shot (I took it off shortly after) and for the calendar apertures being in flux.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
y997G9e.jpg

I picked up a strap from ACM and swapped it onto the watch this evening. I'm pretty happy with how the combo turned out. It feels a bit more approachable and casual compared to the shiny black alligator strap, and perhaps even lets the dial shine a bit more. Apologies in advance for the bedroom shot (I took it off shortly after) and for the calendar apertures being in flux.

i sort of like the strap. I think it’s a great color for the warmer months.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make an appointment. All the luxury stores in Miami are a zoo recently. You probably won’t get a discount but sometimes they’ll throw in a free strap or something.
Typically no discounts at boutiques but they may throw in a free strap or something like that if you ask.

Also, be sure to phone ahead and set an appointment. Cartier has been pretty strict on the appointment thing since Covid.
Never visited the Miami boutique. As others have stated, no discounts at Cartier boutiques, but they should give you an extra strap if you ask. If they won't give you an extra strap, then come up north for a weekend getaway, and I hook you up with my sales associate, who I'm sure will. In addition, to making an appointment, you may want to tell them which pieces you want to see. You don't want to get there to find out that they had the pieces you wanted a few days earlier and sold them. In addition, if the Tank model you want to see is a Tank Louis Cartier, they may need to request one as its a somewhat limited production model that isn't always at the boutiques. Wishing you lots of luck and fun shopping for watches.
The Miami Cartier boutique is located in the Design District, Miami's equivalent of Rodeo Drive. All the watch boutiques surround a courtyard, making it very easy pre-pandemic to see a lot of watches in a short period of time. Sadly, most of the boutiques are open by appointment only now. If you like contemporary art, the de la Cruz Collection and the ICA are free and a few blocks away.
Thanks for the input, all. So consensus is no discounts at the boutique. Not really a big deal, but always happy to save money when I can. I'll at least save 2% in sales tax if I buy there compared to here or online, so I'll count that as a win lol. I'll see if I can grab a free strap out of it if I do decide to buy.

@Dino944, thanks for the tip on making an appointment. When my schedule for that weekend becomes more clear, I'll do that.

@Ambulance Chaser, I frankly don't know enough about art to have any kind of discerning preference other than, "Ooh I like that!" But I enjoy looking at it. I'll try to check out those two places you mentioned if time allows. Any casual lunch recommendations in walking range in that general area? Good local coffee shops? I'll be taking an Uber from my hotel in Miami Beach, so I won't have a car, and I don't know the area.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads