• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tiffany brand name doesn't carry much weight outside of North America.

Not at all true.

Even if true, there’s no shortage of American buyers. The Sterns have frequently said the U.S. market is the most important for Patek.

But more crucially, the weight of Tiffany’s name alone is beside the point. Patek’s partnership with Tiffany is their longest standing and has been the most critical to their success. Heck, Tiffany’s name is the only retailer name that Patek still stamps on dials.

This will be a million dollar watch, easily.

Last edited:

ctofashion

Reaction score

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha! I was about to post the exact same link.

I honestly don’t get the hype, except that it’s a Patek. And no, it’s not sour grapes. The watch isn’t all that interesting. With that Tiffany blue dial, even more offensive.

At least the watchmaker is upfront in illustrating how the watch will be ultimately distributed.
Patek is ****.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What an atrocity!

Agreed, I get that this is due to celebrating a milestone in their business relationship...but I'm just not a fan of 'tiffany blue' as a color

I also find it amazing that it was just announced, yet there is already one up for auction at Phillips...that just indicates that this going to mired in skullduggery

Edit: apparently Tiffany's is auctioning off the watch and donating the proceeds to charity

michaelvl

Reaction score
That T&C Patek looks like trash to me.
It looks like they took a standard Nautilus and as an afterthought added some additional text to the dial and crystal in the wrong font. The extra text is superflous and ruins the otherwise harmonious design and balance of the timepiece.
The color of the dial is also quite lousy..

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That T&C Patek looks like trash to me.
It looks like they took a standard Nautilus and as an afterthought added some additional text to the dial and crystal in the wrong font. The extra text is superflous and ruins the otherwise harmonious design and balance of the timepiece.
The color of the dial is also quite lousy..

How can that be the wrong font? It’s Tiffany’s logo.

This watch requires historical context to understand (as do all watches, arguably).

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also, and this is probably one of those 'if you have to ask..." things, but how to the Philips auctions work? is there a buyer's premium that you need to pay on top of the gavel price?

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also, and this is probably one of those 'if you have to ask..." things, but how to the Philips auctions work? is there a buyer's premium that you need to pay on top of the gavel price?

Pretty sure there are fees for both buyer and seller. Auction houses are not charities...

michaelvl

Reaction score
How can that be the wrong font? It’s Tiffany’s logo.

This watch requires historical context to understand (as do all watches, arguably).

Yes, I understand that it is Tiffany's own font but when looking a the watch I find the use of two different fonts (Patek's and Tiffany's) unaesthetic and incongruent.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** Patek. And Tiffany, too.
5764BB07-ED3E-47A9-BC37-C2DB63E109EE.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics