• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People seem to love or hate this angular case. The only thing I'd offer as a consideration is that there were a number of complaints about how the limited edition wore on the wrist with its height in excess of 14 mm, 40 mm case size and case back. I saw more than a few pictures where the watch sat pretty awkwardly on smaller wrists. Not sure your wrist size, but, if it's on the smaller side, you might consider the 300. I have the 300 Professional and Searambler and, whether on the beads of rice bracelet or a strap, they wear ridiculously well due to the light weight, flat case back and 42 mm case size.
Yeah, I read some of those same considerations/complaints on the WUS forum (where I know you post occasionally as well). My wrist is between 7" and 6.75" and pretty flat. I also stumbled upon this interesting looking watch from a newer brand I'd never heard of... the Bohen Mille Mer:

1638368328165.png

1638368372696.png

1638368399698.png

Seems interesting. The cyclops is on the underside of the crystal and the crown is at 12 o'clock. It's obviously way over engineered, and 1km water resistance along with an HEV are laughable, but as is probably obvious from the Doxa posts, I'm looking for a chunky dive watch for the beach/summer/vacation. This Bohen is taking pre orders of an initial run of 500, and they don't plan to make more than a few hundred pieces per year. The price is pretty affordable, too, although I understand that isn't always much of a consideration in this thread.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doxa just released a new Sub 600T. I had been thinking of buying a Sub 300 Professional around next spring as a summer/beach watch, but now I'm tempted by this new 600T in the same orange color with bracelet. I'd probably also get a rubber strap to go with it. It's a little smaller at 40mm diameter and the more angular case shape is interesting. Although with the 300, one of the things I found charming was the beads of rice bracelet, not to mention the cushion case. With these, you can also choose an aluminum or ceramic bezel.

View attachment 1712919
View attachment 1712920
View attachment 1712921

People seem to love or hate this angular case. The only thing I'd offer as a consideration is that there were a number of complaints about how the limited edition wore on the wrist with its height in excess of 14 mm, 40 mm case size and case back. I saw more than a few pictures where the watch sat pretty awkwardly on smaller wrists. Not sure your wrist size, but, if it's on the smaller side, you might consider the 300. I have the 300 Professional and Searambler and, whether on the beads of rice bracelet or a strap, they wear ridiculously well due to the light weight, flat case back and 42 mm case size.

I like the angular case on the new Sub 600T but somehow it feels out of place for a Doxa. Also not really a fan of the shape of the markers at 6-9-12.

I've got a Sub 1200 and a 50th anniversary Sub 300 and agree with @New Shoes1 that the 300 wears very nicely (as does the 1200). I've got some Doxa rubber straps but their BOR > any rubber strap I've ever worn in terms of comfort.

pmeis

Reaction score

An Instafriend of mine got one of the Time & Tide Limited ones and returned it. Its not just that its 14mm thick, its that the case doesn't really have any real taper to it, so its like a 14mm block across the entire volume of the watch. So just a solid chunk that sits on the top of the wrist.

The 300 is a much more ergonomically friendly and I'd argue a more fun watch.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I read some of those same considerations/complaints on the WUS forum (where I know you post occasionally as well). My wrist is between 7" and 6.75" and pretty flat. I also stumbled upon this interesting looking watch from a newer brand I'd never heard of... the Bohen Mille Mer:

View attachment 1712930
View attachment 1712931
View attachment 1712932

Seems interesting. The cyclops is on the underside of the crystal and the crown is at 12 o'clock. It's obviously way over engineered, and 1km water resistance along with an HEV are laughable, but as is probably obvious from the Doxa posts, I'm looking for a chunky dive watch for the beach/summer/vacation. This Bohen is taking pre orders of an initial run of 500, and they don't plan to make more than a few hundred pieces per year. The price is pretty affordable, too, although I understand that isn't always much of a consideration in this thread.

Have you looked at the Formex Reef? I may be confusing it with another watch, but I seem to recall that it is actually bigger than its reported 42 mm case size when considering the bumpers on the case. Either way, it's got a nice tool watch vibe and has a nice wrist presence (based on the pictures I've seen). I've also heard nothing but glowing reviews. Not my pictures, but:

1638370719526.png

1638370766113.png

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the angular case on the new Sub 600T but somehow it feels out of place for a Doxa. Also not really a fan of the shape of the markers at 6-9-12.

I've got a Sub 1200 and a 50th anniversary Sub 300 and agree with @New Shoes1 that the 300 wears very nicely (as does the 1200). I've got some Doxa rubber straps but their BOR > any rubber strap I've ever worn in terms of comfort.

Speaking of Beads of Rice, just saw that you've got a blue Aquastar Deepstar II on the way. Congrats. Make sure to post some pictures. I got in on the first batch for a blue one and came back and ordered a grey one for summer, after thinking about it for a few days.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1712930
View attachment 1712931
View attachment 1712932

I'm basically of the same opinion of a few other posters here. I really like the angled case of the new Doxa Sub 600T. However, I don't like the lum markings at 3, 6, and 9. In addition, I think the Sub 600T is a watch you get if you already have a Sub 300T. To me the Sub 330T is the quintessential design in their collection. I love the cushion case and the beads of rice bracelet. So I would rather have a Sub 300T, Searambler 300T, Sharkhunter 300T etc., with the classic shaped case and bracelet.

As for the Bohen Mille Mer, it just seems like its trying to hard. I understand that they want it to seem over engineered, but I just find the design too clunky, too large, and far too many angles. With a thickness of 17.5 mm, it will wear like a tuna can and bump into ever door frame you walk through. I am also not a fan of skeleton hands, the metal frame around the cyclops, the bracelet design, or the crown at 12. For what it costs, I'd rather have some type of diving watch from Seiko.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you end up choosing for a dive watch. Wishing you lots of luck on your journey to finding the right one.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Beads of Rice, just saw that you've got a blue Aquastar Deepstar II on the way. Congrats. Make sure to post some pictures. I got in on the first batch for a blue one and came back and ordered a grey one for summer, after thinking about it for a few days.

I was temped by the other colors as well but kept myself inline and just got the blue. I went back and forth on the black or blue for the chrono they put out earlier this year and ultimately settled on the black. The more pictures of the blue that I saw, the more I regretted my decision.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm basically of the same opinion of a few other posters here. I really like the angled case of the new Doxa Sub 600T. However, I don't like the lum markings at 3, 6, and 9. In addition, I think the Sub 600T is a watch you get if you already have a Sub 300T. To me the Sub 330T is the quintessential design in their collection. I love the cushion case and the beads of rice bracelet. So I would rather have a Sub 300T, Searambler 300T, Sharkhunter 300T etc., with the classic shaped case and bracelet.
Agreed, especially with the sentiment that the 600T is a watch you buy if you are a Doxa fan and already have a 300. I like the whimsy of the orange dial of the Professional and the beads of rice bracelet. I do think this new 600T is a good looking watch, but if/when I do pull the trigger I'll most likely go for the 300 Professional on a BoR bracelet.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, especially with the sentiment that the 600T is a watch you buy if you are a Doxa fan and already have a 300. I like the whimsy of the orange dial of the Professional and the beads of rice bracelet. I do think this new 600T is a good looking watch, but if/when I do pull the trigger I'll most likely go for the 300 Professional on a BoR bracelet.
That's a really good one, maybe the best. I've got four 300's and 300T's that I wear pretty regularly and have to admit that the 300 Professional is probably my favorite of the bunch, especially on the BOR.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the 50th Anniversary 300 Searambler AND Professional as well as my 1200 Pro and decided to sell off the 300 Pro because I didn't think I needed 2 different versions of the 300 and the 1200 wore about the same and satisfied my itch for an orange Doxa.

I started regretting that decision not long after I sent it away and wish I would have kept the two 300s and sold off the 1200. Oh well...

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Gents, can I ask for advice? If you need to sell Rolex 114060 sub (2020) or 126710BLNR batman (2021), which one would you willing to sell, and why? I just want to keep one watch, wondering what others’ thoughts.

Thank you in advance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads