• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird, it does look intentional from the underside. I think I'd be forced to flip it the other way around, just because it would drive me nuts.

Looks good overall, though.

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Weird, it does look intentional from the underside. I think I'd be forced to flip it the other way around, just because it would drive me nuts.

Looks good overall, though.

That arrangement is pretty common (perhaps even standard?) on straps with deployments. All of my deployments (Patek, Lauren Ferrier, Lange, etc) are set up to have the long side wrap around at 6 o'clock.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That arrangement is pretty common (perhaps even standard?) on straps with deployments. All of my deployments (Patek, Lauren Ferrier, Lange, etc) are set up to have the long side wrap around at 6 o'clock.
But... why?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It looks fine to me. ?‍♂️

Most people are going to be admiring your watch and not even think about the strap arrangement.

pmeis

Reaction score
Bought a half dozen straps during Delug's BF sale last week and they arrived yesterday.

Somehow didn't realize that I bought three similar in color straps for the GS, but they are all different materials and the tone looks really good with the green dial, so it makes okay sense. I managed to vary it a bit better for my Nomoses though.

pmeis

Reaction score
Supposedly the watch fits better when the strap is reversed on a deployant.

When I reattach the straps on my Santos, I sometimes don't pay close enough attention and mount them in reverse. I can tell immediately once I try to strap it on though as it feels awkward when its the wrong way. Though on the Santos its much less obvious to the eye regardless as the tail tucks under the strap.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I reattach the straps on my Santos, I sometimes don't pay close enough attention and mount them in reverse. I can tell immediately once I try to strap it on though as it feels awkward when its the wrong way. Though on the Santos its much less obvious to the eye regardless as the tail tucks under the strap.

On the Santos the deployant and strap are so comfortable that for me it hardly makes a difference, other than it's a bit awkward closing it in the reversed direction. On the old Lange deployants, reversing the direction can make a huge difference in comfort and fit.

pmeis

Reaction score
On the Santos the deployant and strap are so comfortable that for me it hardly makes a difference, other than it's a bit awkward closing it in the reversed direction. On the old Lange deployants, reversing the direction can make a huge difference in comfort and fit.

Its really the only deployant that I've experienced that I can tolerate. I think its mainly the tail sitting in between the skin and the metal of the clasp.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is still my favourite thing AP has made. If I had $80,000 I would buy the skeleton version.

Attachments

• 538A2F9F-54AD-4C1C-B64A-0E9291D67BC0.jpeg
    538A2F9F-54AD-4C1C-B64A-0E9291D67BC0.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 51

jmewhpg

Reaction score
A Lange Sohne big wigs from Germany were in London a few weeks ago and told the AD here that the Zeitwerk is being discontinued...

jmewhpg

Reaction score
A Lange Sohne big wigs from Germany were in London a few weeks ago and told the AD here that the Zeitwerk is being discontinued...

And no, he wasn't saying it to sell the watch as he no longer had one to sell!

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't say I'm surprised.... it's a polarizing design...

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doxa just released a new Sub 600T. I had been thinking of buying a Sub 300 Professional around next spring as a summer/beach watch, but now I'm tempted by this new 600T in the same orange color with bracelet. I'd probably also get a rubber strap to go with it. It's a little smaller at 40mm diameter and the more angular case shape is interesting. Although with the 300, one of the things I found charming was the beads of rice bracelet, not to mention the cushion case. With these, you can also choose an aluminum or ceramic bezel.

1638365819283.png

1638365857185.png

1638365895679.png

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doxa just released a new Sub 600T. I had been thinking of buying a Sub 300 Professional around next spring as a summer/beach watch, but now I'm tempted by this new 600T in the same orange color with bracelet. I'd probably also get a rubber strap to go with it. It's a little smaller at 40mm diameter and the more angular case shape is interesting. Although with the 300, one of the things I found charming was the beads of rice bracelet, not to mention the cushion case. With these, you can also choose an aluminum or ceramic bezel.

View attachment 1712919
View attachment 1712920
View attachment 1712921
People seem to love or hate this angular case. The only thing I'd offer as a consideration is that there were a number of complaints about how the limited edition wore on the wrist with its height in excess of 14 mm, 40 mm case size and case back. I saw more than a few pictures where the watch sat pretty awkwardly on smaller wrists. Not sure your wrist size, but, if it's on the smaller side, you might consider the 300. I have the 300 Professional and Searambler and, whether on the beads of rice bracelet or a strap, they wear ridiculously well due to the light weight, flat case back and 42 mm case size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads