• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love a good salmon dial and I know this is an Uber watch, but I just hate the dial layout. The numbers/ no numbers thing kills me and it just looks unbalanced to me. I know I'm in the minority, but I just think this is a bad design

My main niggle with this watch is with the case. Given how much is going on dial side, I wish the case, and particularly, the lugs, were a bit more constrained.

Still, a glorious watch and one I would love to own.

In terms of purchasing a near-quarter million dollar watch - before I did that, I’d have to already have my second home.

an draoi

Reaction score
I love a good salmon dial and I know this is an Uber watch, but I just hate the dial layout. The numbers/ no numbers thing kills me and it just looks unbalanced to me. I know I'm in the minority, but I just think this is a bad design
Snap.

Stick markers for me please.
5270J_001_001.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Black Friday splurge:

1DAA7855-9F23-444C-B83F-58C43B4B7D6D.jpeg
610EF611-3CC4-46A2-8F5C-EFE264E77CD7.jpeg

The latte, not the watch. I hadn’t been to Starbucks in months but decided to walk into town early this morning for a cup of fat and sugar.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if serious, but of course you can wear your dive watch all year.

If you need any inspiration, a Seiko diver (check here, if you have access), the Seiko 62mas, and a Panerai Submersible (last on this list) were all used in polar expeditions, with limited diving I suspect.

Also, I've worn my Sub through 30 winters with almost no ill effects.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I go between considering selling this watch to wearing it - I should probably get the steel bracelet for it as well. Doesn’t get a lot of wrist time, but I thought it went well with my blazer and shirt today.

996748FD-6694-4008-8AAC-4A65CD067F6E.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics