• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question about chrono 24 …

Saw a somewhat rare LE watch there that I’ve been trying to track down for a while. The seller is in the Middle East.

Sent an offer about $300 lower than the asking price (4500 vs 4800) and yet to receive a reply.

Anyone who is familiar with that site (it’s my first time) - what’s the etiquette? Is it likely this seller is just occupied and/or contemplating the offer or does he think
I’m being a cheeky bastard and is not even bothering to reply?

pmeis

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a light/white dial watch that would be fun to wear on a wide variety of straps. As much as I love my Santos and Zenith and my other grey watches...I can't do grey every day, especially as we head towards Winter in the Northeast. My first idea/attempt was a Nomos Metro Update. I had tried one on when I was in NYC a month back. Didn't seem too obscenely huge to me at that time. Was looking for one to pop up for the right price and one did, so I went for it. Verdict? Lols, huuuge.

It actually wears okay, because even despite it's 40.5mm all dial design, the lug to lug length is basically the same as my Santos and A384. I'm a big believer in lug to lug length being generally a more important dimensional aspect over diameter of how a watch works on one's wrist, but there are certainly limits to that approach. Regardless, price was right and I can return it, so it was fun to find out first hand. The Santos is a big watch, but between the all dial design and the light vs dark dial, its amazing how much bigger the Metro wears.

A few pics for reference:

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a light/white dial watch that would be fun to wear on a wide variety of straps. As much as I love my Santos and Zenith and my other grey watches...I can't do grey every day, especially as we head towards Winter in the Northeast. My first idea/attempt was a Nomos Metro Update. I had tried one on when I was in NYC a month back. Didn't seem too obscenely huge to me at that time. Was looking for one to pop up for the right price and one did, so I went for it. Verdict? Lols, huuuge.

It actually wears okay, because even despite it's 40.5mm all dial design, the lug to lug length is basically the same as my Santos and A384. I'm a big believer in lug to lug length being generally a more important dimensional aspect over diameter of how a watch works on one's wrist, but there are certainly limits to that approach. Regardless, price was right and I can return it, so it was fun to find out first hand. The Santos is a big watch, but between the all dial design and the light vs dark dial, its amazing how much bigger the Metro wears.

A few pics for reference:

Congrats on the new addition! It's nice to have some variety if most of your watches have black or gray dials. I don't think it looks too big for you. Although, I have to admit, I'm not really Nomos guy. I tried a few on years ago, and they just don't do anything for me. The case and lugs are just too plain. However, it gives you a completely different look than other pieces you own. Congrats again and enjoy it!

Last edited:

Gabagool

Reaction score
Stole the old man’s watch for a photo.
9CF9609F-5CE5-4A47-A08D-B1EE53107367.jpeg

montecristo#2

Reaction score
Quick question about chrono 24 …

Saw a somewhat rare LE watch there that I’ve been trying to track down for a while. The seller is in the Middle East.

Sent an offer about $300 lower than the asking price (4500 vs 4800) and yet to receive a reply.

Anyone who is familiar with that site (it’s my first time) - what’s the etiquette? Is it likely this seller is just occupied and/or contemplating the offer or does he think
I’m being a cheeky bastard and is not even bothering to reply?

I’d say occupied, especially if an individual seller.

Phoenician

Reaction score
visited the AD yesterday to drop off a watch for service and look at shiny ****. the only rolex inventory they had: a blinged out YM plus a bunch of gold/rose gold datejusts (guessing 28-31mm). they did have ~3 JLC MUT, ~5 reversos, several steel cartier models (mostly for men), and a few of the patek 24s/ calatravas.

the lady to whom i find myself legally bound really, really liked the cornflower blue dial on one of the datejusts but was only interested if it could be had on a white gold watch. after some intensive google research i am delighted to report that the cornflower blue dial appears to be a yellow gold exclusive. if anyone has any contrary information on that point, i must admit i am not particularly interested in hearing it.

Hilarious, love it! If we discover it to be the case, your secret is safe on these pages only

Phoenician

Reaction score
My newest, and something I've wanted since last summer when this model came out.

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe, 18k Sedna gold, with the sunburst blue dial and Ceragold ceramic bezel. Liquidmetal 18k markers and hands. 5 day power reserve and silcone balance spring, Sedna gold rotor. Makes for a nice package and nice heft on the wrist

IMG_1139.jpg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They make high quality watches and I love the color blue used for the dial, but I struggle with their designs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads