• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New No Time to Die watch.
View attachment 1649316
Q Branch watch from Swatch.

Fun watch and cool packaging!!!

Yea, I’m getting more and more used to that fact although the previous SA never really gave me that vibe in our many conversations about watches and Rolexs over the past couple of months. Maybe it’s just a change of tone that kind of caught me off guard. And your right, at least there’s a good alignment with some of the other watches I like at this AD (JLC, IWC, Cartier, Patek)…the other AD in Philly only really carries Rolex and Patek, the later of which is well out of my range at MSRP.

One of the other thoughts I have is to directly propose a deal package when I get closer - Sub plus diamond earings to stow away for the wife’s 40th in a few years time.

Honestly, I’d be very very happy if I decided buy the Tank LC for my birthday. I kept finding myself sneaking peaks and the wrist shot I took throughout the day. It’s now really the only other main contender other than the sub that I’ve been really excited about. Really my only concerns with going for the Tank LC over the Sub is a) it doesn’t align with the plan for my kids, and b) I don’t have too many excuses for extravagant purchases like this…if I forgo the subnow it’ll likely need to wait another 10 years til my 50th to revisit it and at that point who knows what the price will be (or if my prior spend will even still count).

I guess you can always try a package deal approach, but it's success might depend on the size and cost of the diamond earrings you might buy her. Since the SA suggested you have to "Make a case" for getting the Sub - I imagine the more you spend on the earrings they greater the likelihood of them coming through for you on a Sub.

As for your plan with the kids and which watch they get, sometimes plans change. Not much you can do about it, if the ADs in your area don't provide you with a Sub for your 40th. Its not foregoing it if ADs in your area can't/won't provide one for your 40th. Also, if they don't get you a Sub and you decide not to get the Tank, Patek or Lange...then you only have 1 watch to leave to one of the kids and nothing for the other. Although, in the end the best thing to do is get a watch you really want and not your second or third choice.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much you can do about it, if the ADs in your area don't provide you with a Sub for your 40th. Its not foregoing it if ADs in your area can't/won't provide one for your 40th. Also, if they don't get you a Sub and you decide not to get the Tank, Patek or Lange...then you only have 1 watch to leave to one of the kids and nothing for the other. Although, in the end the best thing to do is get a watch you really want and not your second or third choice.

Agreed, hell or high water I'll get a watch at some point in that year! And will most likely go with my gut and what my budget will allows as opposed to getting nothing at all...

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday!
D3EC47CB-2AD7-4C45-8FC9-4886E9B08445.jpeg

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone offered sex to AD in exchange for being bumped on the waiting list? If you really want that AD relationship you need to earn it.
Just saying.
I think you would enjoy r/watchescirclejerk

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post pictures. Of the watch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics