• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not that deep into porsches but what makes the 991.2 better than the new 992 version ?
Lewks. I'm not a fan of the 992 body style.

Foo also says 991.2 Gt3 is peak Porsche.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lewks. I'm not a fan of the 992 body style.

Foo also says 991.2 Gt3 is peak Porsche.
gotcha. glad you agree with foo. i like the new 992 ordered the base version (yes Im poor) but then canceled due to undetermined delivered times - felt like buying an AP and they kept pushing it back.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gotcha. glad you agree with foo. i like the new 992 ordered the base version (yes Im poor) but then canceled due to undetermined delivered times - felt like buying an AP and they kept pushing it back.
Well supposedly the base 911 is the most fun to drive because you can actually work through the gears. The S, GTS, Turbo, and Turbo S are all too powerful to really work the engine on a normal street.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well supposedly the base 911 is the most fun to drive because you can actually work through the gears. The S, GTS, Turbo, and Turbo S are all too powerful to really work the engine on a normal street.
that's what I heard as well not that I really have the budget to buy anything else but base anyway. Maybe in a year or two Ill make another attempt I hope covid supply shortage has been solved by then . but the deal they offered was pretty good 1250 plus tax with my onw specs for a 3 year lease.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be sure to get a proper Skittles color!

Reactions: RSS

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to A. Lange boutique tomorrow! Excited to experience on the wrist. It’s an interesting story, actually...the AD I have a good relationship with is Patek and Rolex. I mentioned to my SA that I was also interested in Lange and they mentioned how much they love the watches too - actually asked to tag along with me to the boutique...haha...so I’m going to look at Langes with my Patek/Rolex SA...

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to A. Lange boutique tomorrow! Excited to experience on the wrist. It’s an interesting story, actually...the AD I have a good relationship with is Patek and Rolex. I mentioned to my SA that I was also interested in Lange and they mentioned how much they love the watches too - actually asked to tag along with me to the boutique...haha...so I’m going to look at Langes with my Patek/Rolex SA...

They have a cool watch collection, so it’s legit interest...still funny, though!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Be sure to get a proper Skittles color!
I do like them. I tease about the blue being Smuftastic ... but those colors work with that car. And that car looks terrific.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lange is probably the most interesting watchmaker in terms of composition rn those non-radial layouts are terrific

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’ve got my eye on bmw m5 cs...******* bonkers car...like nuts...

montecristo#2

Reaction score
Oh that's brutal!!! I got plenty of speeding tickets in Massachusetts when I was in student living in Boston.

I also remember years ago a friend who is a lawyer was in a courthouse and he overheard a Massachusetts state trooper say, if he pulls over a Lexus, MB, or BMW (although I imagine for him it applied to any luxury or sports car) the driver is getting a speeding ticket because their car costs more than he made before overtime.

meanwhile, in MA after overtime the guy is probably driving a Porsche.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had no problem drive the new Carrera 4S so I will disagree with your statement. It all depends what one is use to as far as power is concerned. The GTS and S are very similar in power.
Turbo S is one of the fastest production cars out there so yes that is a lot of car for the street.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there many Lange and Patek ADs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads