• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good point on the lighter dial, if there was room for a fourth watch it would probably be that.

If I could find one of these for a reasonable price I would consider it "different" enough to own with my sub.

Speedmaster-Racing-4173.jpg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For @George Red - Daytona, gold or platinum Tank (LC, Cintree or Aysmetrique), and Nautilus (you have 2 out of three).

If I were cutting down to a 3 watch collection based on what I have it would be a 16520/16528 Zenith Daytona (in steel or gold), a CPCP Tank LC XL, and a RO Jumbo.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All good points. Here's a valid question: Has COVID diminished the need for a dress watch? I haven't been to a wedding in over a year. My tux is collecting dust. When I go to court, I do it by Zoom. Do we need dress watches anymore?

Yes, you will always need some form of dress watch. I know you are in a different state, and maybe you are practicing in a different area of law than I do, however our courts are moving back to having in person hearings and trials.

Perhaps your courts will eventually do the same. You may even be invited to weddings going forward. After not having any weddings to attend for a while, I have a few to attend this fall.

Not to mention, for a nice evening out with the Mrs., where you might at least wear a sport jacket - a dress watch that can be is definitely a must have. Something like Reverso or maybe a commissioned Tank (with a dial color, numerals, and hands to your specs) that one can dress up or dress down. Perhaps you have too many white metal watches. Perhaps something in rose or yellow gold to add a bit of variety in terms of color.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, you will always need some form of dress watch. I know you are in a different state, and maybe you are practicing in a different area of law than I do, however our courts are moving back to having in person hearings and trials.

Perhaps your courts will eventually do the same. You may even be invited to weddings going forward. After not having any weddings to attend for a while, I have a few to attend this fall.

Not to mention, for a nice evening out with the Mrs., where you might at least wear a sport jacket - a dress watch that can be is definitely a must have. Something like Reverso or maybe a commissioned Tank (with a dial color, numerals, and hands to your specs) that one can dress up or dress down. Perhaps you have too many white metal watches. Perhaps something in rose or yellow gold to add a bit of variety in terms of color.
Wise, is what you are. I'm considering a day-date 40. I think that technically qualifies as a "dress watch." Not a bad option, eh?

pmeis

Reaction score
View attachment 1644526
been wanting to get a reasonably sized chrono, and then this showed up!

I love my Shadow that I posted above, but I think if I were shopping new today I would have had a harder choice to make with this available. I've always been fond of the regular tri-color El Primero, but this one speaks to me more.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my Shadow that I posted above, but I think if I were shopping new today I would have had a harder choice to make with this available. I've always been fond of the regular tri-color El Primero, but this one speaks to me more.

Thank you, I had my eye on shadow as well and then released Safari & this, and I chose this.

Also, that strap is SICK.

Thank you!

pmeis

Reaction score
Thank you, I had my eye on shadow as well and then released Safari & this, and I chose this.

Oh yeah, the Safari would have been another wrench in the decision making for sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads