• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must be small timers to get stimulus checks. We didn’t get ****!
Porsches Smorches!

8E3D6E94-AF63-44B1-BA71-316FDF3D10E6.jpeg

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stimulus checks? ******* peasants. What ya’ll should have done is start a “pain and rehabilitation” clinic in a strip mall that doesn’t exist but is somehow addressed in Hialeah, Florida (the ass-crack of Miami) and claim millions in PPP mula.

I mean, I’m not saying that’s how I got my COVID watches or anything, but….

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You got a funny story to share with the forum.

Meanwhile I ruined my Super-Duper Fireball XL5.

Luckily, I am tight with the manufacturer and I am already planning on my Super-Duper Fireball XL7. Only normies and plebs will get the 6.

Also, why didn't you say hi? Always like a forum meetup. Nice to be with somewhat likeminded individuals.
I'm too "Pissypalian" to buy the 7. It's just too ... too (said with a Thurston Howell III lockjaw). I like OLD wine, OLD watches, OLD money, and OLD ... opps ... not sure I can say that outside of CE or Dumb Threads ;-)

You could have been one of the 8 at that alumni meetup (although not USC, a tad further to the east northeast). I don't know many first names here (maybe three). I'd never connect the dots ... or the watches.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now that things are really picking up - restaurants, bars, etc - I’m spotting many more watches in my neighborhood than in previous years. Certainly a far cry from conclusive scientific evidence, but it at least appears as though folks really did get into watches this past year...?
Lots of things are up ... way up.

A few of you know that I retired. Well, the last house I worked on was the design for a major addition to a 1931 Moorish Mediterranean on the California coast. We added a great room, five bedrooms, two courtyards, a 6 car garage, a guest house, and servants' quarters. They got a bid late in 2019 and were to start in the spring of 2020. They waited due to COVID. New bids are coming in now. On average they are up 78%. I imagine the area has a lot to do with it.

I did -- as a favor -- fly down to meet with the builders. I noticed all of them were wearing good watches. Not great, but good.

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Biden forgives my student loans, I'm going to take that money and buy a Nautilus. Over retail if I need to.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of things are up ... way up.

A few of you know that I retired. Well, the last house I worked on was the design for a major addition to a 1931 Moorish Mediterranean on the California coast. We added a great room, five bedrooms, two courtyards, a 6 car garage, a guest house, and servants' quarters.
Got to be at Pebble?

Reactions: RSS

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stimulus checks? ******* peasants. What ya’ll should have done is start a “pain and rehabilitation” clinic in a strip mall that doesn’t exist but is somehow addressed in Hialeah, Florida (the ass-crack of Miami) and claim millions in PPP mula.

I mean, I’m not saying that’s how I got my COVID watches or anything, but….

is that where Bob Kraft got a tugger?

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Side note on stimulus checks and government ineptitude. I received both checks in full amounts. First I thought I am going to return them, then I read the procedure for return and realized that it would most likely red flag me for an audit when they realize their calculus mistake. So I cashed all of them and stopped giving a ****.
US gov. clearly does not care where it throws our money.

P.S. was not eligible for any stimulus.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads