• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's too bad. I quite liked it when I tried it on (as someone who almost never wears CM).
My guess is that VC wants to use the 4400 movement in the small seconds for the 1921 and have the Fifty-Six be the entry level watch.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leaving for a golf trip in Hawaii on Thursday, already dressed...

4624720586322162363.jpg

While this certainly is better placed in the poor man's watch thread, I thought it might be appreciated here. I can honestly say that this is one of my favorite watches despite costing a fraction of what most of the others do.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes and also one off pieces are very strong. Rare, exclusive watches from Cartier fetch high prices but discussion was and is about ordinary mass produced watches from Cartier.

Well, you used the term vintage Cartier. To me you were suggesting that prices of all Cartiers are going down. In addition, mass produced or not, the dark dialed Santos (blue or ADLC) models seem to be fetching list price or more on Chrono24 because they are selling out so quickly from ADs and boutiques.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Called Cartier yesterday to setup an appointment for this morning. Tried on several watches but only grabbed pictures of these 2. The SA said that a gold deployant normally runs $1500 with an additional $400 for a strap. The SS deployant was about $400 (I think).

48545E11-927D-4E47-981F-3541B7CDBAD4.jpeg
AA60C45D-5DA3-4217-87E6-3730D460B2D6.jpeg

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, you used the term vintage Cartier. To me you were suggesting that prices of all Cartiers are going down. In addition, mass produced or not, the dark dialed Santos (blue or ADLC) models seem to be fetching list price or more on Chrono24 because they are selling out so quickly from ADs and boutiques.
To me I was talking to quite intelligent men, not making a court deposition. I did not expect everything needs to be explained when it is obvious.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Called Cartier yesterday to setup an appointment for this morning. Tried on several watches but only grabbed pictures of these 2. The SA said that a gold deployant normally runs $1500 with an additional $400 for a strap. The SS deployant was about $400 (I think).

View attachment 1625062 View attachment 1625063

I am a big fan of Cartier, but these dials are a little disappointing for me in comparison to some of their earlier/ other offerings. They just felt flat to me, but if they speak to you, take them home!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Cartier, but these dials are a little disappointing for me in comparison to some of their earlier/ other offerings. They just felt flat to me, but if they speak to you, take them home!
Not enough tendies to take either home.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics