• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you're quite the enabler =)

I do my best! ;) :rotflmao:

Another website. Supposedly jewelry will be 6% and watches 5% in the US. Several people have confirmed with their SAs. I have not contacted mine yet. However, enough people have said it is happening, so I have no reason to doubt it. They say Canada will have a 1% increase. Not sure about other countries.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no increase on vintage Cartier only decrease.

It seems you don't actually follow vintage Cartier prices. Prices on their "Retired" CPCP collection pieces and other older classics have only been increasing!

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Supposedly jewelry will be 6% and watches 5% in the US. Several people have confirmed with their SAs. I have not contacted mine yet. However, enough people have said it is happening, so I have no reason to doubt it. They say Canada will have a 1% increase. Not sure about other countries.
Interesting since when they announced the new Cartier Tank Must SolarBeat, they also announced pricing, but those won't be available until September. Although, I guess pricing is always subject to change.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting since when they announced the new Cartier Tank Must SolarBeat, they also announced pricing, but those won't be available until September. Although, I guess pricing is always subject to change.

I can't speak as to whether the price increase was anticipated before the watch was unveiled and built into their pricing. We will just have to wait and see what happens with those.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on this 36mm JLC moonphase?

• Master Ultra Thin Moon JLC 1248420 (Front ) Large size

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
36mm is small, but it's damn pretty.

pmeis

Reaction score
Anybody here own the PAM390? This is stunning, but on-wrist pics are scarce online.
View attachment 1624935

That’s one I’ve almost bought many times, but never quite could convince myself. I love the gold hands on it.

That being said, this picture is one of the most flattering pics I’ve seen of any Panerai. for whatever reason, the watch head itself looks like it’s been rendered when compared against the strap and other items in that picture.
it’s a pretty watch, but not this pretty.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mr. Watchley listed a 2391 yesterday for north of $30k and it's already reserved. Even the time only tortues have gone up in price.

For a while, it seemed like there were a lot of VC Traditionelle Small Seconds floating around for $13k, now they are scarce and trade closer to retail.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s one I’ve almost bought many times, but never quite could convince myself. I love the gold hands on it.

That being said, this picture is one of the most flattering pics I’ve seen of any Panerai. for whatever reason, the watch head itself looks like it’s been rendered when compared against the strap and other items in that picture.
it’s a pretty watch, but not this pretty.
I thought so, too. This pic is stunning.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It seems you don't actually follow vintage Cartier prices. Prices on their "Retired" CPCP collection pieces and other older classics have only been increasing!
Yes and also one off pieces are very strong. Rare, exclusive watches from Cartier fetch high prices but discussion was and is about ordinary mass produced watches from Cartier.

P.S. I do follow CPC watches at auctions and know exactly what they sell for.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr. Watchley listed a 2391 yesterday for north of $30k and it's already reserved. Even the time only tortues have gone up in price.

For a while, it seemed like there were a lot of VC Traditionelle Small Seconds floating around for $13k, now they are scarce and trade closer to retail.
Rumor on rolexfourm is that VC stopped production on the Traditionelle Small Seconds so any stock floating around in AD's or boutiques are probably at least a year old. Not too long ago there was someone on rolexforum who bought a new Traditionelle Small Seconds and it didn't have the Geneva seal. Person looked into it and turns out he bought a NOS without even realizing it.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rumor on rolexfourm is that VC stopped production on the Traditionelle Small Seconds so any stock floating around in AD's or boutiques are probably at least a year old. Not too long ago there was someone on rolexforum who bought a new Traditionelle Small Seconds and it didn't have the Geneva seal. Person looked into it and turns out he bought a NOS without even realizing it.

That's too bad. I quite liked it when I tried it on (as someone who almost never wears CM).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads