• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ryanluo23

Reaction score
Watched the latest Jenni's video and reminisced about homecoming

montecristo#2

Reaction score
If the bubble pops on Rolex and Patek it’s going to pop on everything.

I’m not so sure. The craze has brought a lot of new enthusiasts into the market who have discovered that there is more to high end horology than Rolex. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

suttonzach

Reaction score
Whenever my wife and are watching a movie or TV show and see a couple like us, we shout “WGWAG”! Once we did it when a friend was over and he was like wtf. We explained. Didn’t help.

WGWAG is eternal.

Nothing quite like an AutoAdmit crossover post

R.I.P nutella

Gabagool

Reaction score
Finally have something to post, it’s the first watch I’ve ever bought for myself and the third watch in my collection (already own two hand me down Tudors). Originally had my eye on the Black Bay Chrono but quickly realized it would be too big on my six inch wrist. So, went for this instead.

Attachments

• 15579D47-0BA8-435D-85D5-AB2ADA753052.jpeg
    15579D47-0BA8-435D-85D5-AB2ADA753052.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 45

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the bvlgari is just super dimensional, almost op art effect and fits your wrist terrifically. it's def jewelry territory

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has been called as often and as successfully as the top of the stock market in the last 10 years or so.

Very true.

When (or if) supply is greater than demand then the bubble will pop. It doesn’t matter that Rolex make a million watches, if 1.2 million people want to buy them then they will trade for a premium.

It is a bubble as far as new watches go, they are being bought and sold for more than their intrinsic value. Vintage isn’t tied to that as there are no more being made. It doesn’t necessarily mean either will drop significantly in value - I know plenty of people who are waiting for that to happen in housing, and it hasn’t happened in a very long time.

Corrections are likely, close to certain. A significant and permanent drop across the entire sector? I don’t think so.

emiratiAL

Reaction score
Does anyone own a Jaeger Lecoultre Reverso?

I'm thinking of getting one for my engagement and would be interested in getting an owner's opinion, and possibly photos. I currently own a Rolex Explorer (214270) which I love and wear daily, but if I'm going to get another watch I'm thinking of something more formal and classic.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own a Jaeger Lecoultre Reverso?

I'm thinking of getting one for my engagement and would be interested in getting an owner's opinion, and possibly photos. I currently own a Rolex Explorer (214270) which I love and wear daily, but if I'm going to get another watch I'm thinking of something more formal and classic.

I used to have one. Liked it but a little too formal for my taste. Hard to dress down but I think it's possible if you go for an SS/WG variant.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve thought about consolidating my watch collection, I have a few that I’ve bought over the years and are similar to (but not quite as nice as) others in my collection. The idea would be a three watch collection, Monaco, 16600 Sea Dweller and a third watch. It would need to work with a suit and casual outfits, be slim enough to slip under a cuff easily (the other two are fairly thick) and provide something different to the other two sport watches. Don’t mind if it’s gold or steel.

I’m not saying I’ll actually do it, but people’s ideas would be interesting. Budget would probably be up to £7k or so, but could be more for something special.

emiratiAL

Reaction score
I used to have one. Liked it but a little too formal for my taste. Hard to dress down but I think it's possible if you go for an SS/WG variant.

That is my concern too. The other being that as it's an engagement gift my wife will be expecting me to wear it all the time, which could be problematic seeing as it's quite a formal style.

Also, I love my Explorer, which complicates matters, as my concern is that adding a watch to my solo collection will almost automatically devalue the Explorer in my eyes.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve thought about consolidating my watch collection, I have a few that I’ve bought over the years and are similar to (but not quite as nice as) others in my collection. The idea would be a three watch collection, Monaco, 16600 Sea Dweller and a third watch. It would need to work with a suit and casual outfits, be slim enough to slip under a cuff easily (the other two are fairly thick) and provide something different to the other two sport watches. Don’t mind if it’s gold or steel.

I’m not saying I’ll actually do it, but people’s ideas would be interesting. Budget would probably be up to £7k or so, but could be more for something special.

I think its a fascinating exercise. Over the years, I've narrowed down my collection to three but it's not the final three. For me it contains a diver, a chrono and a GMT. Right now the diver slot is a Tudor Pelagos, but I'd like to switch it out for a 16600 (which I already owned and sold in 2010).

Looking forward to seeing the recommendations.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads