• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Similar to what's happening with used cars. New supply is severely constrained, so preowned prices go up pretty much across the board.

My BIL just sold one of his childhood Pokémon cards for $4K. It’s pretty wild out there for ‘collectibles’ regardless of things like production crunches, etc.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there any watches other than SS sports Rolex/RO/Nautilus that are currently selling for well above MSRP? As others have mentioned, buyers, particularly ones getting into watches for the first time, are likely to substitute other brands when they can't get a Rolex, be it Tudor, Zenith, or Omega. Seems like a missed opportunity for Rolex to make customers for life.
Omega Speedmasters are doing really well. The 3 Snoopies, Tintin, and Speedy Tuesday’s are selling well above MSRB. Snoopy 2 sells for more than a Daytona.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Preowned prices have gone up a lot recently on the more-desirable Langes. FP Journe also had a big pop driven by Govberg/Watchbox (allegedly) trying to corner the market.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16710s from the 80s going for 15k? I mean, this is absurd...

That’s a 5k watch - 10k at the very, very most...good grief!
You can buy one at around £9k in the U.K. and our prices are consistently higher than the US. Sure people are listing for £12k and up but I doubt many are biting. Similarly with the Sea Dweller I bought recently, prices are well up on a year or so ago, but it’s the watches at the lower end of the range that are selling, not the ones £2k higher.

There is going to be a consistent market for both models - their modern replacements are a totally different aesthetic - and I can’t see them going down any time soon, as sensibly priced examples are selling quickly, but some of the pricing at the moment seems months, if not years ahead of itself.

dan'l

Reaction score
It seems like prices for all watches have increased above the board. I like following auctions and have been watching CPCP Monopoussoir prices for a while. The below hammered for over $75k, before buyer‘s premium! That same watch was selling for less than $10k five years ago.

So which one of you ballers bought it? ;)

201B269A-A591-4843-A9F0-7D833D783E8F.jpeg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed this - what did they do?

Is this the reason Journe is going boutique
They have the largest inventory of used FPJ’s. The also pumped he **** out of the brand on their YT channel. While they don’t control the market they certainly are the biggest influencer.

They’re basically like a giant hedge fund owning 40% of the floating stock for a major company.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Monopoussoir was selling for around $15K at a local dealer not too long ago. It's $15K that I had but couldn't spare at the time, but still . . . :cloud:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So; Do people prefer the Santos in medium or large?

The lack of a date on the medium is nice, but I prefer the large in terms of size. Plus it gives you more options in terms of dial color and materials.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hermes and Zenith are awesome. That Zenith, in particular, is one of my favorite watches in production.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collecting on a theme. How much diversity can one get out of a five piece collection of only gray watches. Is this a sign that I've been bored? Likely yes. But it's been a fun exercise and actually makes for a useful assortment.

I like this collection. They’re not watches that I’d buy myself but they are wonderful variations on a theme and there is something very satisfying about that. A lot of people pick the most obvious/recognisable watch from each leading brand to form a collection (Daytona, Calatrava, Royal Oak, Tank, etc.) but you’ve taken a totally different approach which I like.

I’ve been toying with the idea of building a small collection of black dial watches. We’ll see how it goes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads