• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any incomings (or outgoings) to share?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe not so much for the really big and buff dudes-- and to be honest, they're probably at their best when paired with long sleeves / dressier attire-- but two sweet watches for sure.
Yeah, I'm 5'11" and about #170 when at my ideal weight. In my younger days I was athletic with a lean muscularity. Long sleeves are my norm (West Coast for the last 35 years, so cool) ... although I may roll them in warmer weather. I'm not showing sleeves in the photos because ... well ... I needed to show the watches. I mean ... he asked how they wore on the wrist.

This just would not work ( ;) ): Fun.jpg

I also imagine that the Breguet that inspired this post would be better worn with long sleeves.

I've always liked the term rock-able but it means something totally different to me. In my boyhood we spent summers at our "camp". At night we'd often hear whip-poor-wills. They'd keep me awake. I'd ask my father to go "rock 'em" ... meaning throw rock and chase them away. When nothing happened he'd tell me they weren't rock-able. ;-)

Last edited:

pmeis

Reaction score
Damn @pmeis, I had decided to stay put with 10 watches and you had to post that picture. How are you enjoying the watch? Do you think it is a keeper?

It’s a keeper for me for as much as that term actually has meaning for me. As mentioned previously, I’ve literally sold every watch I’ve ever owned, so the real delineation occurs when a watch reaches a year in the collection which I’m pretty sure this one is on its way to doing. The only thing I might change about it would be to use a regular pin buckle clasp. This is probably the best deployant clasp I have experienced, but nothing is as comfortable as a simple pin buckle. That said, the only time it really bothers me is when I am spending a lot of time holding my 5 month old son...it tends to put pressure on the clasp, which then digs into my wrist in an uncomfortable way. During the work week it’s basically not an issue.

I’ve arrived at a collection philosophy/ideal where the H08 fills a specific slot that doesn’t offer a lot of potential substitutes. So as long as I stick to the current collection philosophy, it seems likely to stay around.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
To be clear: I'm not advocating for guys to start posting a bunch of sleeve pics ??

And I've been wearing this one around the office this week (old photo)...

roadster4.jpg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Keith T: I really like the Roadster, particularly the quick change from bracelet to strap and vice versa. My favorite version is the roulette wheel. It was very unappreciated in its time.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something I learned about my new watch over the first few weeks is that the lumed surfaces can shift from an orangey pumpkin color inside to a more yellowish color 8n the sun. Pics are not representative of the change but here are a few with full Lume shot included.
20210506_092105.jpg
20210506_082817.jpg
20210506_082724.jpg

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any incomings (or outgoings) to share?

Going to look at a vintage day date today (the wood dial I posted last week), but doubt I'll actually pull the trigger...

If I do decide to get the DD I will likely part with one or more of my current pieces (nothing fancy), but have no idea which (and I've previously only parted with one watch - to a friend - so I'm not very adept at the flipping aspects of this hobby...)

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Lume really pops on that Railmaster ?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I do decide to get the DD I will likely part with one or more of my current pieces (nothing fancy), but have no idea which (and I've previously only parted with one watch - to a friend - so I'm not very adept at the flipping aspects of this hobby...)
It's akin to saying goodbye to a child going off to college. It's difficult ... until it happens.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads