• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that watch looks perfect. The DJ is about as timeless as a watch can get.

Thanks, man! I will say, though - if I had to be critical - the polished surfaces really do shimmer, which is both beautiful, but also attention grabbing. Wearing the watch with this type of outfit (my prevailing uniform of sorts...), where the watch only pops out every once in a while, is easy.

As it becomes warmer and short sleeves take over, I'll probably wear the DJ less and opt instead for sportier watches with more brushed steel...But hopsack and linen sport coats will keep the DJ from too much bench time. :)

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Custom Benzinger is ordered.

Doing this except:
-Windmill guilloche pattern
-Smooth bezel
-New case that will have an integrated rubber strap
-Heat blued hands that match my company's blue
NirII.PNG

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When is Foo gonna update us on the Patek case repair? I feel like there must have been some new development.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spent the weekend in Santa Fe and was surprised to see a store with no lack of new stainless steel Rolex's. Right in the main town square there is a jewelry store called Diva's Diamond and jewels (lots of jewelry stores in this town, mainly selling Turquoise and native Indian jewelry.). Five SS Rolex's in the window display. Head on in and at least another dozen in the shop (also some PP, breitling, etc.)
Did not buy, did not get prices, did not see a SS Daytona. They have clear signs that they are not a Rolex Dealer.
It looks like they have a strong online presence.
I assume their prices are high but, this would be an opportunity to at least see and try on some of these models and assumably, if you pay their price, walk out with a SS model that day. (Having recently looked I could find no new SS models on display in Dallas, only some used.)
Assuming you could be in the area, probably worth calling first to check availability and prices.

Also, while there we stopped into Stephens, A consignment gallery. Higher end consignment furniture, etc. Spoke to Dominic, grandson of the owners who is their watch guy. He has maybe three or four dozen used watches including Rolex (no SS) a few PP, A few Omega, and a bunch of Hamilton and the like. Well worth stopping in if your in the area already.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spent the weekend in Santa Fe and was surprised to see a store with no lack of new stainless steel Rolex's. Right in the main town square there is a jewelry store called Diva's Diamond and jewels (lots of jewelry stores in this town, mainly selling Turquoise and native Indian jewelry.). Five SS Rolex's in the window display. Head on in and at least another dozen in the shop (also some PP, breitling, etc.)
Did not buy, did not get prices, did not see a SS Daytona. They have clear signs that they are not a Rolex Dealer.
I assume their prices are high but, this would be an opportunity to at least see and try on some of these models and assumably, if you pay their price, walk out with a SS model that day. (Having recently looked I could find no new SS models on display in Dallas, only some used.)
Assuming you could be in the area, probably worth calling first to check availability and prices.

Also, while there we stopped into Stephens, A consignment gallery. Higher end consignment furniture, etc. Spoke to Dominic, grandson of the owners who is their watch guy. He has maybe three or four dozen used watches including Rolex (no SS) a few PP, A few Omega, and a bunch of Hamilton and the like. Well worth stopping in if your in the area already.
Diva prices are ridiculous... $15k for a Milgauss! But thanks for sharing nonetheless ?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the milgauss - does anyone own one, have some wrist pics? I've always liked the look but wonder if they're a bit 2004. ;)

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice. Thanks for the heads up!

You also bring up a good point. Finding SS Rolex in stores is not actually difficult (they aren’t rare). The issue is finding them new and available at MSRP. For example, I was recently in a big AD in downtown Chicago and they had multiple hyped watches like Hulks (among other models), but for something utterly ridiculous like, $25k! (I’ve never understood the popularity of that model...Oh well...)

But as you point out, at least seeing the pre-owned models helps with getting to know the watches...

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A friend sent me this IWC cap from Sohaffhauson, Switxorland. I take it's not official gear.
IMG_4689 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads