• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a stunning piece! Looks more like the original explorer than the current one. What’s the history behind it? I know it came out with two other watches, but I don’t know much about those (I think it’s a railmaster?)

wear it in good health, it’s cousin says hi
View attachment 1606899
To wit, regarding previous posts of mine that apparently caused such anger for one member:
I find this Rolex is truly beautiful, always; that photograph is great, with the reflected primary colors; and the post itself is very nice, friendly, positive.
?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Genesis 13:8 So Abram said to Lot, “Please let there be no strife between you and me, and between my herdsmen and your herdsmen; for we are brethren.

Genesis 13:9 But Lot was a wiseass and said "I hate your Rolex."

Genesis 13:10: And Abram passed judgement "You sorry Rolex hating b'tard."

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Genesis 13:8 So Abram said to Lot, “Please let there be no strife between you and me, and between my herdsmen and your herdsmen; for we are brethren.

My last 2cents on the matter: we have an “ignore” feature on SF. It’s awesome. If you hate my posts, “ignore” me...I’ve certainly hit that button today...

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Janis was going to write this, inspired by that above, but she finished off her fifth and ran out of paper before she could get the last verse down, forgot all about it the next morning...:

"Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Rolex in gold?
My friends all wear Omegas, and I need to be bold.
Everyone tells me, this is the best watch I could hold,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a Rolex in gold?"

Last edited:

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No-one, except for other people who like watches, gives a **** what watches we wear. I don’t think a gold Rolex would send any message if I wore one in a meeting because no-one would notice.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not even Jesus could get a white SS Daytona from an AD. The son of God walked into an AD and offered eternal salvation for a white SS ceramic Daytona. AD said sorry let me put you down on the wait list. When Jesus left, the AD threw away Jesus’s information knowing that he wasn’t going to be a repeat customer.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No-one, except for other people who like watches, gives a **** what watches we wear. I don’t think a gold Rolex would send any message if I wore one in a meeting because no-one would notice.
This!

officine

Reaction score
Not even Jesus could get a white SS Daytona from an AD. The son of God walked into an AD and offered eternal salvation for a white SS ceramic Daytona. AD said sorry let me put you down on the wait list. When Jesus left, the AD threw away Jesus’s information knowing that he wasn’t going to be a repeat customer.
Must Thou blaspheme?! :)

I've learned a couple of things over the last few pages... some really educated people are posting, and @George Red and I share an Alma Mater.

I have nothing substantive to contribute on the Rolex matter, other than when I wear my birth year watch I do worry if people think, "this is one old ass mofo, no matter how good he looks." :

1A756D00-FA40-4EC4-BCE7-D1783922ACA1.png

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My last 2cents on the matter: we have an “ignore” feature on SF. It’s awesome. If you hate my posts, “ignore” me...I’ve certainly hit that button today...

I meant the “ignore” feature as a general prescription to this population at large...

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure he’s not a Rolex guy, more a homage and Speedmaster fan

‘...I am the Alpha and the Omega...’

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now there you go again, dressing up in robe and sandals with a big basket of Wonder Bread, aggrandizing yourself to the extreme and waltzing in to the store desperate to kop a watch, you charlatan! Those Rolex ADs are way savvier than we think, they know the real deals from the impostors even without a loupe.

"Two men say they're Jesus, one of them must be wrong..."
- M. Knopfler, "Industrial Disease"

:wink: (<--- Preemptive StyFo Sensitivity Disclaimer: this thing means "this post is intended entirely as a joke, no matter how bent o-o-s some readers might be, really....")

c0de

Reaction score
I would agree on stainless steel and platinum watches. A gold presidential would be much louder and much more noticeable than a platinum one, and will get noticed more by people who don’t know watches.
At least that’s what I’ve noticed, so empirical evidence at best.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would agree on stainless steel and platinum watches. A gold presidential would be much louder and much more noticeable than a platinum one, and will get noticed more by people who don’t know watches.
At least that’s what I’ve noticed, so empirical evidence at best.

The “loudest” watch I own (in terms of being noticed and commented on...) is an Omega Speedmaster 38 automatic. Haha...

I also wear a gold Omega and nobody seems to notice...

Rolex Sub? No one notices...

Rolex DJ? Nothing...

Nobody. Cares.

I’m def getting a Daydate and will wear it when and where I think it’s appropriate...

Now I’m going to throw on a Tudor and head out for the night...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads