• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Certainly the Speedy is a beautiful watch but in the end, I fell in love with this one.
View attachment 1603335 View attachment 1603336 View attachment 1603337 View attachment 1603338 View attachment 1603339 View attachment 1603340
I feel like this railmaster really fits my personality perfectly. Conservative but classy. Not a shiny edge to be found and it's got the goods under hood.
Wears great on the bracelet but I think it will look even better on a nice leather strap. Perhaps similar to the one my wife's speedy is already on. Will be working with David Lane to come up with some options.
All in all a fun day for us both. I am very happy with my choice and think this will work well for basically everything in my life. Of course that does not mean something a little more dressy will not be in our future. I already have my eye on some stuff but after this, going to be a while. Probably going to wear these for the first time this weekend when we are taking a little Vaca in Santa Fe. (First trip since Covid as we are both now vaccinated.)

Congrats and enjoy it! :cheers:

WiseMenOfGotham

Reaction score
Certainly the Speedy is a beautiful watch but in the end, I fell in love with this one.

I feel like this railmaster really fits my personality perfectly. Conservative but classy. Not a shiny edge to be found and it's got the goods under hood.
Wears great on the bracelet but I think it will look even better on a nice leather strap. Perhaps similar to the one my wife's speedy is already on. Will be working with David Lane to come up with some options.
All in all a fun day for us both. I am very happy with my choice and think this will work well for basically everything in my life. Of course that does not mean something a little more dressy will not be in our future. I already have my eye on some stuff but after this, going to be a while. Probably going to wear these for the first time this weekend when we are taking a little Vaca in Santa Fe. (First trip since Covid as we are both now vaccinated.)

Congrats on both new additions, great to see you back at Timeless! Vijo

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on both new additions, great to see you back at Timeless! Vijo

I had no idea you were present on this website Vijo. It is always a pleasure speaking/corresponding with you. I just want to say 'Thank you' for your past advice and help again, here.?

dan'l

Reaction score
View attachment 1603335 View attachment 1603336 View attachment 1603337 View attachment 1603338 View attachment 1603339 View attachment 1603340
That looks great. I tried one on at a boutique and it was really well made. I‘m not a huge Omega fan, but I really like the Railmaster and it‘s probably the one I‘d get if I bought an Omega.

dan'l

Reaction score
Looking good Foo. I have come to like the black dial more than white. Here is my poor man version. Maybe costs 10% of yours. Polished lugs. Different city so not at night.

View attachment 1603635
I really wish Chopard would leave the date off the Mille Miglia. It‘s the only thing detracting from an otherwise nice watch. Same goes for AP and the RO chronograph. Great watch, but I dislike date windows in general and even more so when at the 4:30 mark.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wish Chopard would leave the date off the Mille Miglia. It‘s the only thing detracting from an otherwise nice watch. Same goes for AP and the RO chronograph. Great watch, but I dislike date windows in general and even more so when at the 4:30 mark.

I can’t disagree. It would certainly be more pure. If Chopard did a no date version, it might compete with with the Speedy or Daytona. It’s a really fun alternative. But the date works surprisingly well on this one I think. Chopard in my opinion is the most underrated watch brand. They make spectacular watches and get essentially no recognition. The LUC line is so good in person. My only complaint is they are all on the larger side.

Edit: I would add Parmigiani. Really nice watches up close. And quite stylish.

Last edited:

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chopard makes busy dials that do not look like a daytona mess. Also, thank god for no crown guards.

Yes! The Mille Miglia dial is busy in a way that works. Breguet is also a master of busy dials that still look good. It is an art that Patek sucks at. For example, Patek calendar complications with Breguet numerals almost always look worse than the baton dial versions.

dan'l

Reaction score
Edit: I would add Parmigiani. Really nice watches up close. And quite stylish.
Speaking of Parmigiani, I read that the Octo designer at Bvlgari jumped ship and moved to Parmigiani. Looking forward to what he comes up with there.

WiseMenOfGotham

Reaction score
I had no idea you were present on this website Vijo. It is always a pleasure speaking/corresponding with you. I just want to say 'Thank you' for your past advice and help again, here.?

Appreciate the kind words, thank you! I’m not active on forums anymore, but this particular one has always been one of my favorites ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads