• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me, diamonds are for women's watches.

You guys just aren't man enough to pull them off! Where the REAL men at?

(I kid...this is my dilemma too...I want rose gold, but the dial options sans diamonds are bleak...damn...)

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had an appointment downtown today and walked through SoHo to get there. The line to get into Chanel was 50 people deep. Gucci was about the same.

ronscuba

Reaction score
Chopard LUC Quattro
white gold
strap: George Cleverley 1786 Russian reindeer

Not a new purchase but the strap is a new edition.

After taxes I can start the hunt for my 50th birthday watch for next year. Thinking of adding a Breguet Classique to the collection

View attachment 1598755
Breguet Classique is my favorite for a dress watch. Due to covid and the continuing shift towards more casual clothing in business over the last 30 yrs., an expensive dress watch has been on the back burner.

The Breguet Classique should be my next watch purchase. I feel like it has more style and detail compared to many of the other high tier dress watch offerings.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chopard LUC Quattro
white gold
strap: George Cleverley 1786 Russian reindeer

Not a new purchase but the strap is a new edition.

After taxes I can start the hunt for my 50th birthday watch for next year. Thinking of adding a Breguet Classique to the collection

View attachment 1598755

What a beauty! I’ve often thought about going for the prior iteration of this watch with the blue dial. Chopard makes watches every bit as good as Patek. Man this watch is great.

A Breguet would be an excellent addition.

darkcharger

Reaction score
Breguet Classique is my favorite for a dress watch. Due to covid and the continuing shift towards more casual clothing in business over the last 30 yrs., an expensive dress watch has been on the back burner.

The Breguet Classique should be my next watch purchase. I feel like it has more style and detail compared to many of the other high tier dress watch offerings.

I hear you and as I transition more and more to classic menswear; my tastes and desires in watches also follow so I have less desire to have many divers in my collection. Of course, that won't stop me from potentially picking up a Glashütte Original SeaQ Panorama at some point either. :)

darkcharger

Reaction score
What a beauty! I’ve often thought about going for the prior iteration of this watch with the blue dial. Chopard makes watches every bit as good as Patek. Man this watch is great.

A Breguet would be an excellent addition.

Thanks. In many ways, I prefer these kind of watches where only real watch nerds will really know and where I otherwise fly under the radar. Patek makes some wonderful watches but for my next watch, I am mesmerized by the coin bezel, guilloche dial, and slim profile of a Breguet. Thinking a Classique in rose gold would do nicely.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We asked to see the new solarbeats Tank because I think my wife might like it but they won't have them until June.
When I was at the shop I asked about these (and the other new Must models) and were told the same thing.

What do you folks think about diamond markers? Too much?

Not if it's something subtle.

1619224731034.png

oops, you said diamond markers?

Bronze Age Sartorial

Reaction score
I hear you and as I transition more and more to classic menswear; my tastes and desires in watches also follow so I have less desire to have many divers in my collection. Of course, that won't stop me from potentially picking up a Glashütte Original SeaQ Panorama at some point either. :)

The new green dial SeaQ is straight ?

1619225388760.jpeg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, now I've become obsessed with the Casio G-Shock GMAS2100, aka, Mini CasiOak. Does anyone own this watch or the regular CasiOak?
One of my former clients' CEO wore the latter. He also took close to a year to pay a $200k invoice. I can't shake that memory every time I see one.

The white baby casioak looks more integrated - I think this design works better as monotone than with the high contrast dial of the black version (and to some extent pink).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads