• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I think the black Sinn watches are GTG. They tegiment(harden) the surface before applying PVD.

So far the only process I've seen that holds up really well to day to day use is Cartier's ADLC. Other coatings, eventually start to chip away and look really bad.

A few friends have Sinn watches and they have been quite happy with them, but they don't have the black cases & bracelets.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Dino944
@patrick_b
@Keith T

Thank you all for your feedback! It‘s for a family member who cannot go to an AD, so I suggested mailing it off. I‘ll tell them to look into USPS registered (hopefully it‘s available now).

My pleasure. Just have them call RUSA for current instructions, lead times, etc. This is from my email exchange.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Rolex Customer Service Department during our business hours from 9:00am-5:00pm EST, Monday through Friday at 212-758-7700 ext. 1580.

montecristo#2

Reaction score
Man, this one really is beautiful. Wish Patek made the case a little smaller.

View attachment 1596528

What is it with Patek and windows for everything? They almost never look good. Date window being the most obvious example. I guess this isn’t horrible because it’s kind of a unique big date execution, but the giant white area doesn’t look organic to the rest of the dial, and I’m not sure what to think about the font color of the date being different from the day and month.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure what to think about the font color of the date being different from the day and month.
IMG_20210417_105549.jpg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Swatch Sistem51 just died, so this is a sign from God that I need to buy a new watch, right? I'm looking for something sporty and summer-y that is not a diver (which I already own). I'm going to look at the new Hermes H08, hopefully in the next few weeks. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for other watches.

ronscuba

Reaction score
My Swatch Sistem51 just died, so this is a sign from God that I need to buy a new watch, right? I'm looking for something sporty and summer-y that is not a diver (which I already own). I'm going to look at the new Hermes H08, hopefully in the next few weeks. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for other watches.
Cartier Santos comes to mind, but what else do you have ?

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Yep, definitely a sign! Maybe another chrono? Something asymmetrical? ? (Kidding).

Let me think about it. I’m sure we can come up with something summery and non-diver.

Right off the bat, could I simply suggest just finding another Swatch that you like? Doesn’t have to be a Sistem 51 of course, although I’ve enjoyed mine and fortunately haven’t had any problems with it.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nomos Ahoi?

Very sporty, very "summer", and even a 20atm rating which does not look like a diver, plus 4 x 40mm variations to choose from (and 6 x 36mm).

Nomos-Glashutte-Ahoi-Neomatik-aBlogtoWatch-21.jpg

dan'l

Reaction score
For sure there will be plenty of good recommendations from others, but if you are looking for something summer-y in a similar price bracket as your Swatch, I like the Timex Q:

Q-Timex-Reissue-2019-cover.jpg

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Casio? Or something from Fossil or Wenger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads